Chance to meet the CEO of IBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance to meet the CEO of IBM

My 16-month internship with IBM at the IBM Toronto Software Lab (where DB2, Websphere, and the XL Compilers are developed, and some other stuff) is coming to an end as I go back to school in September for my final year.

But it was just announced today that Sam Palmisano, the CEO of IBM, is making a visit to the lab on August 10th. He'll spend the entire day here, touring the lab, giving a presentation, and randomly talking to people.

One of the points of his visit is to learn more about the EPIC program (Employment Pathways for Interns and Co-Ops) which is how I got my job. IBM Canada pioneered this a while ago and it's recently been introduced in the US as well, and is going worldwide next year because it's proven so successful. Over 70% of interns are offered jobs when they finish school, and well over 50% of IBM Canada new hires are EPIC graduates.

As such, Sam wants to meet & greet with this year's EPIC students in a special session...there's 200 of us right now at the lab.

Phenomenal opportunity.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

He'll spend the entire day here, touring the lab, giving a presentation, and randomly talking to people.

Wow!! He actually works one day in the year! No wonder IBM is so succesfull, I'm mpressed!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Cool.. make sure you don't jump on his leg like a dog humping. Other than that... it's a great opportunity. TO SLICE HIS THROAT! MUAEHEHEHEH!

No.. seriously.. good job
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Watch Deathrace 2000 on Aug. 9.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Cool.. make sure you don't jump on his leg like a dog humping. Other than that... it's a great opportunity. TO SLICE HIS THROAT! MUAEHEHEHEH!

No.. seriously.. good job
          Victory will be mine!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

Japher, AHEAHAEHAHAha seen that pic thousand times before but you just gave it a whole new introduction!

That's some funny stuff!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

The guy in the OP kind of looks like the scout leader.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

no no it's perfect, don't ruin it with talk man..
                    In da butt.

Comment

that sounds really gay
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

dont' talk with food in your mouth.

In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          dont' talk with food in your mouth.
                          ... as the CEO said to the intern.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

come on, you're just jealous Asher might get to meet the CEO of IBM.. I know I am. Pretty cool stuff
                            In da butt.

Comment

I'm not jealous.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X