Time to re-evaluate things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to re-evaluate things

what a total suckdom. I had a good run for many days and now I got stuck in the back by rusty blade of FU.

This coming weekend, there's bunch of friends coming in to the city, and they never been to my place since they don't come to my city just like that. But now, almost all of them are coming the same time for this thing.

Now, there's some other folks with them too, that I'm not familiar with. But not much. Say, like 6 or 8 my friends, and few others.

So naturally I invited them to my place. I was even ready to have them all stay in my place, even though it wouldn't be big enough. But I did offer it in a way that says 'no you really should stay at my place, period'. Not in 'I sacrifice, I wish you make other arrangements but if nothing else, hey at least I offered'. It was clearly 'you need to stay at my place'. They haven't even seen it, so I figured hey, I could have the house warming party at the same time, cool.

They all said like cool yeah sounds good, thanks, now we don't have to pay, hey that's right you live there, lol, coincidence, great. Several times we met, I always talked about it. Then I found out, that some of them are going to stay in a hotel. A little disappointment but I thought hey this is good because now the few of them can stay comfortably at my place. Then I found out, no one told me OK, I just found out by my own, that they are ALL going into a hotel. Then I called one of my trusted buddies, and said when he's going to show up, that I need to give him my keys so he can get in because I'd be working when they get into the city. I find out, he's not coming either. It's much cooler to stay at a crappy hotel. I know the appeal of going to a hotel with a big group, but it's not even a real hotel OK. It's truly a motel almost. And they have to pay for it. And we agreed I'd give a roof over to many. No one even bothered to let me know NO ONE will come. Now how is that supposed to make me feel, huh?

Then I was like OK, well, you should all come to my house warming party, the thing we talked about, we could have it early on for some while and then hit out the clubs or something and the thing they came here for. 'Oh that's right, you live right next to it'. No ****? I live in a small city, everything is next to me. wtf? If I was paranoid, I'd think they are avoiding me or something, but being like normal outside this thing anyway. Confusing.

I think they don't all realize how much of a disrespect this is to me. I was looking very much forward to this. It would have been a nice break, since these group of friends from my original city never have had the opportunity to visit my place yet, and we always talked about it too. Individually and in group. Now the shot is here, we agreed to it, I was even going to give them my keys in case I have to work some hours of the weekend, which I do. But they didn't know I have to work. So it's not like they are being nice and letting me have peace when I get from work/go to work, and then I would have understood why they did what they did. Now I don't understand. There's no way for them to find out I'll be working some, because I just found out myself too.

Well I talk to one of them and say 'well at least come for few hours when nothing else is on, just chill out and have some drinks or start up the night or something'. The answer is 'does everyone fit in', as in setting up the 'might not happen'. I was like 'yeah'. 'well.. I think there would be few people not coming there', as in the few people I don't know but they do. I say so what, bring them on too, they can come, doesn't matter. It's not like there's going ot be masses of people not knowing each other, just you guys. Then it was on and on about how little time there will be. ****, there will be a whole weekend and I knwo the hours too, so it's like who the hell are you trying to kid. I was still thinking well maybe he's trying to be nice and not bother my place, thinking I might work, which he doesn't know but still, so I say well, you MUST come, it'll be cool this is what we've been waiting for, and this is the perfect time, it won't get better than this. And it was like sures we'll see if there's a good shot for it. What the hell, a good shot for it?

It's like they're valuing all the stuff over few other folks I don't know who might feel uncomfy for committing going to someones place they don't know or some **** like that. I don't know what else could it be. But even so, it's really disappointment to me. I know they're still friends and all but.. most even childhood friends, the ones I've been praising here a lot.. well my best friends damn it. And now this. Doesn't sound like a big deal to lot of you but ot me it does. It's the most hurtful things I've heard. And it's not one, it's ALL of them. It's like everyone forgot I live there, and that they were supposed to come in just FOR that anyway this summer, and now they are in city anyway in big bunch, and now it's 'we have to see if there will be few hours maybe' in the middle of some day.

what the ****? And they know it's disrespectful because they didn't let me know. Otherwise they would have called me they made other arrangements. So it was set up so that I'd find out, and kind of be ok with it. Well I'm not OK with it. I feel betrayed^10000.

But I don't want to say screw them, because they are my good best friends. maybe I need to evaluate some things again but this sucks in multitudes. I suddenly feel extremely lonely.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Talk about a thing that gets a man down. I always talk about friendships and loyalty. And how much they mean to me. Screw everything else if it comes down to it. I'm literally dizzy now. If I didn't know what happened, I would go to doctor now, and you know how much I rather make a 'am I having a heart attack' thread before even calling ER. Seriously. I'm feeling nausea. This is not good.. this is bad.. this i s bad and not good.. how can they not even let me know? It's the same if your good friends lived in LA and you live in NY and they came to NY and you planned it and stuff, and then you find out they all checked into a hotel, even though it was supposed to be cool when they stay in your place, not letting you know, totally fading, and chances of not even ****ing seeing? If they don't come now, the next opportunity comes in a year or two! And it's 'we'll see if there's time'. WTF is there to think about? I KNOW they're not committed to stuff so they couldn't even visit. And we planned house warming and all that stuff too.. and all this.. and now it's not happening when there's DAYS of time. **** I work and I still find the time to it. They don't, and they can't find, when they're on 'vacation'? You tell me what I'm supposed to think of that. It's like if I hadn't called, and I was excited to call too, I wouldn't know they're not staying at my place let alone possibly not even coming in to visit? This is the reality, they can't be further away from my place than 10 minute walk, almost wherever they are. OK. That's how next to it all I live. Forget about it.. and I was so much looking forward to it, like few months, I even visualized it few times, all my buddies in my place, having drinks and stuff.. Good they let me knwo because I would have bought food and drinks and stuff with all my salary so it would be nice. Now I know I don't have to buy **** for no one. Saves me money. Still not glad about it. I was almost begging in the phone and felt like a tool doing so. If this is the way it's going to be, then only thing left I have is some buddies from school, it's ok but it's not the same. Then I don't have anyone I can truly call a friend, one I would give money, borrow money, do anything or just nothing, defend and fight for against overwhelming odds and go to jail for. What the hell is left after that is gone? Family? Is that a ****ing joke? I considered them my family.

'That's how much seriousness you feel into it?'. YES and no less. Good thing the darkness is coming and sun isn't warm anymore, a reason to have fun, what a moot point. i need to go buy some more smokes I 'm out and I feel like smoking one or hundred.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

someone say something before I lose my mind?
      In da butt.

Comment

How many are there and what are they doing in your city? What city did they come from, how far away is it? Are they all male or do they have girlfriends with them? Did they have some sort of agenda?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

From 6 to 8 friends, and plus few others I don't know. Yes, some of them have girlfriends, also my friends. Not all of them have girlfriends.

They come from Helsinki. It's not SUPER far but in our standards it's far enough for me to compare LA and NY. Even though you can drive in less than 2 hours. But the two never mix.

Agenda not important, but event to participate, where days are off, nights are in. There's PLENTY of time.
          In da butt.

Comment

Maybe the girlfriends have an agenda planned.

They're on vacation? What is there to do in your town that can't be done in Helsinki?

Comment

nothing. Listen, if you go to NY, I understand you have little time. now you must be culturally altered to understand the situation in here. It's not the same. Besides, I was supposed to attend too. Seems like everyone forgot. not to mention it was planned. There's nothing that they will do, except attend the event. But even so, there's going to be lots of time off, and they want to a) sleep off the hang over in hotel b)drink in hotel c) who the **** knows I can't figure it out.

And no the gfs have no agenda.
              In da butt.

Comment

That is ****ed up. Childhood friends visiting your town and they can't even be bothered to just visit your house? Not even a couple? I can understand staying in a motel, IF they had told you beforehand, but keeping you in the dark about all that - did you piss on their grandmother's grave or something? I mean, damn you are getting shafted!

Best of luck dealing with the situation.

Comment

How long have you been away?
                  Could they have something planned that they don't want you to know about, like enjoying some contraband?

Comment

yeah I KNOW! And we were excited, well I know I was and others seemed to be too, planning it. I've lived away from them for over two years now, and no visits yet, excluding one buddy two weeks ago. It's not like we haven't seen each other in the meanwhile, I've seen them a lot. But not in here, and it seems like there's some problem. You know when you have a house warming party, this is the crew that is supposed to be there. This seems to be forgotten also, mysteriously.

I don't know anything I have done to make this happen. Tomorrow I will call to one of my buddies and ask what's going on and if there's something I should know. But prolly get an answer 'what do you mean, nothing is going on?", even if it's true or not.

And I'm not kidding when I say I'm in 10 minute walking distance. OH and they have cars, and I do too. It is _literally_ 10 minutes, 2 or 3 minutes by car. The whole weekends time. No time for me I guess. And they are in my neck of the woods, so I don't understand this at all. It came totally behind the woods straight into my face this thing. I thought they were excited about this as well. I feel like a total tool. And childhood friends as in still active, not like folks you haven't seen in ages. Active. I don't know why this is happening. I have no clue. Even if it's someone I don't know who says 'well I don't want to go there', are the rest (vast majority) going to say ok that's cool let's not go because you don't feel like it?!
                    In da butt.

Comment

Strangelove, 2 years, but I've seen everyone regulrary. if they want to smoke pot, they can do it in my place and they know it. That's not a problem. If the gfs want to have sex with their guys, sure, go ahead, but they prolly won't plus that doesn't explain why the singles are not staying.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Pekka. meet people!

Comment

I do but it hurts because these are my best friends and not some buddies.
                          In da butt.

Comment

I think someone around here needs more of the good ol'

Comment

Best. Emoticon. Ever.
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X