X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite banana?

A thread to Apolyton's favorite herb!

From Wiki
    A banana is a tree-like plant (though strictly a herb) of the genus Musa in the family Musaceae, closely related to plantains. The stems grow to 4-8 m tall, with large leaves 2-3 m long. The term banana is also applied to the elongated fruit (technically a false berry) of the plant, which grows (in edible species and varieties) in hanging clusters, several to many fruits to a tier (called a hand), many tiers to a bunch. Bananas typically weigh between 125-200 g, though this varies considerably between different cultivars; of this, about 80% is edible, and the skin the remaining 20%.

The total of hanging clusters is called a 'stem' in the commercial world. The banana was originally cultivated by pre-historic peoples in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific.

The flavour and texture of many kinds of bananas are affected by the temperature at which they ripen. Bananas spoil and turn grey at low temperatures and are only refrigerated down to 13.5°C during transportation.

In 2002, over 68 million tonnes were harvested of which 12 million tonnes were traded worldwide, with Ecuador, Costa Rica, Colombia and the Philippines exporting over 1 million tonnes of bananas each.

World famous Chiquita bananas are the best healthy snack. We are passionate about sharing the benefits of bananas and banana nutrition.

Cavandish
    18.75%
    Baby
    0.00%
    Red
    0.00%
    Plantains
    25.00%
    banana chips
    6.25%
    0.00%
    daquiri
    12.50%
    I like strawberry-banana smoothies
    37.50%
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I'm not really a banana fan, but if I do like fried plantains in a nice sugary glaze.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Fried plantains are wonderful, yep.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

A poll like this should be multiple choice!!!!!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

sliced bananas with sour cream, of course.

To the tune of Hava Nagilah:

"Have a banana,
          Have a banana,
          Have a banana,
          With sour cream"
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
            A poll like this should be multiple choice!!!!!
            You can only have one favorite.

Comment

Hmm, honestly, Plantains are my favorite, though I prefer them savory over sweet.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Smoothies - bananas, strawberries, blueberries, with orange juice.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Banana chips, or fried plantains. Both are acceptably scrumptious.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                  X