No announcement yet.

Stealth, the Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...the plane turns good? Okay, maybe I'll scale back my harsh condemnation, at least from a philosophical standpoint.

Now, if anything Roger Ebert says is true about the plot, then it still offends me on those grounds.
    B♭3

Comment

Why dont they just create a movie that consists of nothing but one LONG series of Explosions narrowly missing the Ass of our protagonist in the classic "Jumping out of the explosion at the last possible second" deal. It would start small with Cars exploding and work its way up to Buses, Boats, Trains, Planes ect. Then the excitment builds as small gas stations are blown up followed by office buildings and a whole City block. In the Climax the Hero darkest hour comes as a "micro-Nuke" cleverly concealed in an I-Pod and foisted on him by the generic Terrorist (but not an Arab ofcorse because that would be politicaly incorrect, instead a white Neo-Natzi will be the villan). Ofcorse our Hero at the last moment punches the bad guy and stuffs the bomb down his pants to before jumping completly out of the blast area of the Nuke at the last moment.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Too much plot
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          Oh, come on, with its international release and eventual DVD sales the movie should at least make the investors their money back, only in a couple of years, not one.
          Perhaps, but keep in mind the $100 million is just the production budget, so it doesn't count the millions of dollars spent on advertising and promotions. With a $13.5 million debut weekend, I doubt the movie will break $50 million domestically. And I don't see much market for it overseas. I think by any definition, this movie is a failure.

Not surprising, either, since all the previews indicate it sucks very rotten eggs.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
          X