ABC gives voice to Beslan Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC gives voice to Beslan Murderer

I'm sure you all remember the Beslan incident. ABC recently aired a big interview with the chechen chief who is claiming responsibility out in the mountains. So we could all hear about his hard life and all his problems and why he's such a hero.

Now I am of course in favour of free speech and all that...but it seemed to me that the Russian Embassies' protest letter, which Koppel read, raised some very telling points.

What would the US reaction be if russian reporters arranged meetings with bin Laden so he could give us his sob story and spiel?

Their main gripe was that if he had the meeting on the go, he should have contacted the appropriate authority so that they could try and nab him.

Surely the goal of getting a mass child murdering maniac out of our lives is more important than 'telling his story'??

anyway just my rant for the day
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Journalists...
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
      Journalists...
      Why don't you use the more precise term - scavengers ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
      X