Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Christians ready to screw homosexuals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Christians ready to screw homosexuals...

...or our rights and any semblance of Human Dignity anyway.

By GLENN ADAMS, Associated Press Writer
    Thu Jul 28, 8:07 PM ET

AUGUSTA, Maine - Voters will decide in November whether to repeal Maine's newly enacted gay rights law, the state's chief elections officer said Thursday after qualifying the measure for the ballot.

The declaration by Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap sets into motion what will be the latest in a series of battles at the ballot box over over gay marriage around the country.

News of the approval was hailed by Christian leaders who are spearheading the campaign.

"Forcibly sending them all to Ex-Gay Camps is next on our agenda, Praise the Lord," said Tim Russell of the Christian Civic League of Maine. "Clearly, 56,650 signatures in 80 days is a big hill to climb, and we climbed it."

As passed by the Legislature earlier this year, the law would protect people from discrimination in employment, housing, education, public accommodations and credit based on their sexual orientation. Twice before, Maine voters have rejected similar legislation.

Supporters of the gay rights law, which has been put on hold pending the Nov. 8 vote's outcome, said Thursday's announcement came as no surprise.

"We all knew this was going to happen," said Jesse Connolly, operations director for Maine Won't Discriminate. Connolly said his group has been organizing for the vote since late last year, and is now actively canvassing voters, organizing fund-raising and building alliances.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Let's try this one again...

Park Avenue... any more out of you and you are toast...

I've deleted most of the posts... so try again... and keep on topic and DON'T discuss the posters!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

so wait...people are voting to remove not only gay marriage but also make gays less then straights in the eyes of labor, tax, health and other laws?

that is just sick...

down with religion
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Not entirely...we don't have gay marriage here, that's the problem. The religious folks are trying to put down a bill that extended Maine's equal rights act to recognize gays as a protected group using the argument that the bill that passed is just an entrance to allowing gay marriage in the future. It would only remove rights in the sense that they would not be specifically protected.

It's still stupid.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

ok so remove gay marriage out of my post and then i am corret?
            Bunnies!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Like I said (edited, at least....) they are not less, just not explicitly protected. So if, say, a landlord said somebody couldn't rent from them because they were gay, then that could be considered a valid reason.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

ok tnx...but i stand by my statment then:

that is just sick

down with religion
                Bunnies!

Comment

up with religion

up with the right to gay marriage

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Up with religion... people are welcome to their own personal beliefs...

Down with trying to cram your personal beliefs down somebody elses throat...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah! So why you always picking on PA?!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

fair enough
                        Bunnies!

Comment

Equal Rights

Religion

Religion in politics
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            Up with religion... people are welcome to their own personal beliefs...

Religion is trying to cram your personal beliefs down someone elses throat, otherwise it's spirituality.
                            Last edited by Kidlicious; July 29, 2005, 11:34.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X