Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with my mouse (the rodent variety)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with my mouse (the rodent variety)

Every so often I hear some scratching behind the walls. Is it a mouse? How do I find out? What would be the best method of catching/killing it? What are some good traps out there? What are the most humane traps? Is this just a dumb copycat thread? Do I really have a mouse at all? Would anyone care if I actually did? Why do I keep asking so many questions? When will I get tired of writing them and you tired of reading them? How long before this thread gets deleted?

The people demand answers.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

"Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I say this is a dumb copycat thread and should be deleted post-haste.

But maybe I'm just an ageist...
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

It is most likely a mouse. Look for other indicators to be sure. For instance, are there mouse excrements anywhere in your room? You have to look hard to find them, but if you find them, you are sure.

And there are no useful "humane" traps. Those who don't hurt the mouse (like cage traps), don't kill it either. It leaves the killing either to you, or force you to release the mouse somewhere, where 2 things may happen: Either it is killed in a more horrible way than a trap could ever do, for instance by a bird of prey. Or it will go straight back in your or anyone elses home.

Buy a couple of simple mouse traps. Place them in the room overnight. DON'T put cheese in as bait. Contrary to common belief, mice don't eat cheese. Put either fresh bread in it (for the good smell it emits) or even better, chocolate or hazelnut spread. Mice love sweets. Chances are good, that you'll catch the mouse within a few days.

A cat is the worst of all possible solutions. Modern house cats don't eat mice. They eat industrial produced cat food. They will eagerly hunt mice outside your apartment, because they are still hunters. But they will bring them home just to play with them for a while. After they're sick of them, or the mouse escaped, you have a wonderful new inhabitant.

There. Not you have the copy, and you have the cat.

Comment

Catch a mouse in a trap. Give it to a young cat. Young cat will play with it for a time. After a bit young cat will discover that mouse is edible.

You will have no more mice problems.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Unless you overfeed your cat. Then you will have something more closely resembling a walrus with pointy ears and fangs.

Fat cats never get their mice. Why should they bother?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X