Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Wipes Out Apple

Check it out!
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

MS also rebuilt the twin towers in New York, apparently.

Not sure why out of date maps are so hilarious to some people.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Microsoft Wipes Out Apple

Originally posted by Vince278
      Check it out!
      They've accidently let out their secret plan for world domination... or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Not sure why out of date maps are so hilarious to some people.
        Out of date maps? That's the second time such a lame excuse is used.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

vince that's amazing!
          you achieved a single minute response time!

it's pretty serious when a software and corporate giant like MS creates a service with significantly (15 years!!) outdated data simply to say "we're doing it too"

The satellite photograph used by MSN Visual Earth is from U.S. Geological Survey and was taken on October 30, 1991.

Reg reader Michael Sage pointed out that zooming in on the UK will reveal towns like Norwich and Lowestoft long before little old London appears. Is London next to be removed? We need to know.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            You think they did this intentionally, as part of their evil conspiracy to, umm... make people think Apple doesn't exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You think they did this intentionally, as part of their evil conspiracy to, umm... make people think Apple doesn't exist?
              Probably not, they have just yet another time exposed their incompetence.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah, well, UR was complaining that outdated maps were a lame excuse - presumably then there was something else going on

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Maybe that's because it's true...? And it's known to be true?

Honestly, you never cease to amaze me.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe they got them from the CIA's Yugoslav war planning department.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

AT LAST! Someone else who understood that joke...it just seemed to have gone whoosh over everyone else's head. Congrats Chegitz
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

perhaps asher is pro-clinton?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          vince that's amazing!
                          you achieved a single minute response time!
                          Thanks. I thought the title would be irresistable.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

what amazes me the most though is Microsoft's ability to actually find such old (15 years!!) data. one would have expected the USGS to have thrown that stuff away 10 years ago during a disk cleanup

Comment

Thats your solution, rather then go BUY map data they scrounged through the USGS's Dumpster
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X