So YOU think you had a bad day?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    Once I got so pissed at the entire process I started calling the stewardess "Waitress":

"Excuse me, waitress? Can I have another soda?"
    That's funny
    BTW I found a great trick on flights but I don't know if it works only for the Olympic Airlines which have the best catering and dishes (I have been to lots so I know this). When the food comes and they ask you what you want to drink and you say coke, orangejuice or a beer or something? You can say "wine"and they'll give you a whole mini bottle of some great wine. So you could try that.

Comment

[q=Zkibbler]When you said the 2nd day of the Bar sucked, am I correct in assuming that still the Multi-State multiple guess portion of the exam. Statistics show that is the part people think they've done the worst on but which is really they did the best on. So, don't sweat it.[/q]

By sucked I mean I had to take the damn thing.

[q=Asher]
      You're writing a bar exam, to be a supremely overpaid lawyer, and you're still alive.[/q]

Supremely overpaid? Obviously you've never worked for the government.

[q=Joseph]Is that his real name or his handle?[/q]

As John said, both.

[q=Joseph]Since I have a US Gov ID in my wallet that is real, I will not be on a no fly list.[/q]

Yeah, my error was leaving my federal ID in my car. But it probably would have taken just as much time. Because they just took my Georgia licence and said I wasn't the one they were looking for (and I didn't even have to do my force wave at them ). But scared the **** out of me for a minute until I realized I could still make a flight out.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm glad I'm not you Imran, not only have to cope with being a lowly lawyer but enemy of the state (and airlines)
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Are you in criminal law?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            [q=Zkibbler]When you said the 2nd day of the Bar sucked, am I correct in assuming that still the Multi-State multiple guess portion of the exam. Statistics show that is the part people think they've done the worst on but which is really they did the best on. So, don't sweat it.[/q]

By sucked I mean I had to take the damn thing.

[q=Asher]
            You're writing a bar exam, to be a supremely overpaid lawyer, and you're still alive.[/q]

Supremely overpaid? Obviously you've never worked for the government.

[q=Joseph]Is that his real name or his handle?[/q]

As John said, both.

[q=Joseph]Since I have a US Gov ID in my wallet that is real, I will not be on a no fly list.[/q]

Yeah, my error was leaving my federal ID in my car. But it probably would have taken just as much time. Because they just took my Georgia licence and said I wasn't the one they were looking for (and I didn't even have to do my force wave at them ). But scared the **** out of me for a minute until I realized I could still make a flight out.
            Here what you do, become a judge real quick and then make your own laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              Are you in criminal law?
              Kinda. He's going to work for the government.

Comment

When I and my ex- flew back from Europe, there was initially a 1 hour delay getting into the air. Then when approaching home, storms over Chicago diverted us to Detroit, the closest hub with an international airport. After we touch down, we were informed that not only were there no employees left in customs, but that we couldn't leave the plane until they were called in! We had to stay on the plane for 3 hours, and then since no backup crew was available (FAA rules again), they BUSSED us from detroit to Chicago. In all a 7 hour flight turn into a 14 hour ordeal.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I began to pity you at the part where you say you were flying to Chicago.

Comment

It could've been worse, like LA, fer instance...
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

City of the Angels in the Land of the Stars.

Comment

Working...
                      X