"Nothing to link Muslims with Attacks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nothing to link Muslims with Attacks"

I must say, this shows a particular disregard for evidence. It's all a CIA plot, just like 9/11 , even though we have CCTV images, cell phone calls from hijacked planes, etc.

Do serious muslims take these kinds of words seriously? I am surprised to see such talk from what appears to be a non-radical. At a minimum, I expect that this guy would know that this is exactly the wrong thing to say at this time, if he is concerned about Islam's place in Brit society.

From the FT... I translate "deep distrust" as "extreme willful ignorance."

‘Nothing to link Muslims with attacks’
    By Jonathan Guthrie
    Published: July 27 2005 20:24 | Last updated: July 27 2005 20:24

Mohammed Naseem, Birmingham's most prominent Muslim leader, claimed yesterday there was nothing to prove Muslims carried out bomb attacks in London on July 7 and 21.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The comments of the chairman of Birmingham Central Mosque are surprising given the wealth of evidence, including DNA matches and CCTV images, linking at least eight young Muslim men to the outrages.

However, his views are held by a significant number of British Muslims. Some blame the US and Israel for terrorist attacks such as September 11, revealing a deep distrust of the British authorities.

Mr Naseem denied there was any convincing evidence the September 11 attacks on New York had been carried out by the al-Qaeda terrorist organisation. He said: “Muslims across the world know of no organisation called al-Qaeda. That information comes from the CIA.”

Mr Naseem, who represents a congregation of several thousand, was speaking in Bordesley Green close to the scene of yesterday's police anti-terrorism operation. Asked whether he believed Muslim terrorists attacked London on July 7 and 21, he said: “I have not seen the evidence for that.” He said: “All we have is CCTV camera photos, identity cards and driving licences. These could have been innocent men.”

Talib Hussain, a representative of Birmingham council who was also present, said: “Certain faith groups have been identified as being behind [the bombings] and that is wrong.” Mr Naseem said Muslims had lost faith in anti-terrorist police and the security services.
    Last edited by DanS; July 28, 2005, 11:56.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

nasseem has already been attacked by Khalid Muhammed, MP for the area, who has said Nasseem is bringing his position as chairman into disrepute. Mr. Muhammed is showing us what a REAL moderate muslim says and does.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Many Muslims have a permanent view of themselves as victims. It's so much easier going through life blaming everything on the injustice of the surrounding world.

Many non-Muslims share the sentiment, but from what I've seen, it seems to be more prevalent in their culture for some reason.

Comment

Everyone has the right to their own delusions. Some think they liberate.

Comment

Do serious muslims take these kinds of words seriously?

Comment

Re: "Nothing to link Muslims with Attacks"

Originally posted by DanS
            I am surprised to see such talk from what appears to be a non-radical.
            perhaps the problem is the assumption that this is a binary question - someones either a pro-AQ radical, or a moderate. There seems to be range of opinions in the muslim communities, from real moderates who "get it" at one end, to the small minority of actual AQ supporters at the other. There is a large group in between who arent really moderates, but who arent active AQ supporters either.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Our politicians should have listed to me and Worthington's a long time ago
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

*Bump*

I blame Pres. Bush for making the Muslims feel sad and distrust the rest of us.

Pick one.

Comment

Working...
                X