Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the man pay for everything on a date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the man pay for everything on a date?

Though this poll won't mean as much for male gay dates . Or lesbian dates for that matter.

It seems as if I'm always expected to pay for everything. From what I have heard about the old days, was you got something in return. . But I never did. Not that I expect that mind you, that sounds kind of disrespectful. It's like I'm paying for the privlidge of their company. But shouldn't this be an equal relationship?

Granted, the last date I was on was a few years ago. Things may have changed since those days.

Or maybe I was just a sucker. I have this outdated view that women like men to open doors for them and pay for everything.

I think in the future, I'm only going to pay for half.
    Yes
    36.51%
    Everything should be split 50/50
    46.03%
    The woman should pay
    1.59%
    The person who makes more money should pay
    7.94%
    the woman should pay for the banana
    7.94%

yeah the man should pay.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Come on, who doesn't like it when someone else covers the expenses?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

only 6 votes? Don't tell me only 6 of you have ever been on a date with a girl.

Comment

the man ALWAYS pays
          one way or another

Comment

50/50
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just save yourself a lot of grief: pay for everything, all the time, and convince her that you're happy to do it.

That's right: lie. Always. From the onset to the first kiss to the first ****, to the "do i look fat in this dress".
              What?

Comment

in the first date sure. although it's nice to meet a token resistance
                "noo naw no! come awn..."
                then in the others it's ok if it's 50/50 or one time one the other time the other

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  50/50
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Not like you should be rude about it, but I'd get annoyed if a girl always expected me to pay.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Whoever asks should pay for a date. If there are more dates that follow, it should be 50/50, but I tend to pay.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Gift culture. 50/50 or some other balance in the long term. From each according to their means, to each according to their needs.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

In my experience, the man always pays. Not that that helps you.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hm, the question never came up in any of my dates... It was always assumed that everyone pays for the part s/he consumed... (Well, sometimes when the waiter came with the bill and asked if we pay seperate or together, the girl hisitated waiting for me to answer... of course I never payed for the girls-part... as far as I can tell they werent mad at me about it...)

On occasion when a girl asks you in a club to buy her a drink, I always reply with a smile why she wont buy me one... 50% of the time that actually works
                            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Either 50/50, or separate checks.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X