Your sense of humour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dis
    why is sense of humour commonly cited as a dating preference, but not sense of seriousness?

Why is it in every single personal ad, a woman wants a man with a great sense of humour. They all want stand up comedians!!

I can't tell jokes. I have a bad memory, and can never remember them. And my sense of timing is non-existant.

I simply am not funny. I can laugh at stuff, I do that all the time. But I can't make other people laugh. except by acting goofy, which I sometimes (all the time really) do on these forums. Yes it is an act. Or maybe I really am goofy. I'll leave that philosophical question for later.

I'm just not good a making women laugh. . though I can usually get a chuckle when I show them my penis.
    Then why is it that the only post that made me laugh is yours.
    (allthough the one beneath it, is pretty good too. )
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• The Idiot Savant
      (21% dark, 43% spontaneous, 44% vulgar)
      your humor style:
      VULGAR | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

You like things silly, immediate, and, above all, outrageous. Ixne on the subtle word play, more testicles on fire, please. People like you are the most likely to RECEIVE internet forwards--and also the most likely to save them in a special folder entitled 'HOLY ****'.

Because it's so easily appreciated, and often a little physical, your sense of humor never ceases to amuse your friends. But most realize that there's a sly intelligence and a knowing wink to your tastes. Your sense of humor could be called 'anti-pretentious'--but ironically, that definitely indicates you're smarter than most.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Johnny Knoxville - Jimmy Kimmel
      Sounds about right.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X