David Blaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Blaine

I don't normally post in O/T, but after seeing another David Blaine special that totally blew my mind, I thought I would get some thoughts from the rest of you.

I am not a big believer in "Magic" or the "Paranormal" or even in "Religion" or what goes with it, but most of what David Blaine does blows me away. I don't see any way for him to do what he does without believing in something other then what I would normally associate with "Magic".

Many of his "tricks" don't seem to be possible through normal sleight of hand and deception (hand is quicker than the eye) yet I can't find an explanation for how most of what he does is done.

Any of you have thoughts on how you can help keep this unbeliever an unbeliever?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Its easy, really: they're all tricks, even if you can't figure out how he did it. Ask any honest magician: he'll tell you they're all tricks. I know, I know one. For example, when Blaine is doing some cold-reading, they do some editing: they take out the footage where he gets it wrong.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Yeah, and if you look around the web, you'll find explanations for most of his tricks. That being said, he does them very well, which is impressive enough even knowing they are tricks.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Are you going to invade Denmark or not??
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

He's thinking about recruiting David Blane to the Canadian cause, obviously.

Comment

Working...
          X