No announcement yet.

Indians go potty over textbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You take the jobs of 10% of the nation, give them to another 10%, then write off the victims as if they didn;t exist and voila you're about half-way towards full employment. You get the rest of the way there by forcing some workers work fewer hours in order to make jobs for the unemployed. This is not a miracle, it's cheating, something that Hitler was never above doing.
    Expanding the army and increasing demand for munitions, equipment and manpower didn't do any harm either.

Comment

I thought this would be about american indians when I opened this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        You take the jobs of 10% of the nation, give them to another 10%, then write off the victims as if they didn;t exist and voila you're about half-way towards full employment. You get the rest of the way there by forcing some workers work fewer hours in order to make jobs for the unemployed. This is not a miracle, it's cheating, something that Hitler was never above doing.

I might also point out that in the US the Supreme Court would not allow FDR's administration to count people enrolled in the work programs such as the CCC and ther WPA as being employed. When those programs were at their peak the US unemployment rate, counting people enrolled in work programs, was actually one third less than the listed rate
        And it also helped that the inmates of the concentration camps had to do forced labor and german industries were encouraged to employ them in their own factories (Schindlers factory was one example of many german corporations doing this [and most of them didn´t care for their workers the same way Schindler did])
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

At least in my textbooks , the evils of the Nazi regime were well-documented , with some rather graphic images and descriptions .

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
            False. You must point that Germany managed to recovery from the world economic crisis triggered by Wall Street market crash at record time, considering the post-1st WW war damage conditions.
            Germany had almost no damage from WWI. With the exceptiopn of a sliver of Eastern Prussia and a tiny corner of SW Alsace, the war was fought entirely on Allied territory (wrt Germany).

However, he was incorrect about the German economy being a command economy. There were large state orders, but the economy was still a market economy.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Germany had almost no damage from WWI. With the exceptiopn of a sliver of Eastern Prussia and a tiny corner of SW Alsace, the war was fought entirely on Allied territory (wrt Germany).
              Yeah right, as if losing three provinces and paying war damage to other countries didn't harm
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Yeah right, as if losing three provinces and paying war damage to other countries didn't harm
                No one whined when Germany took those provinces from Poland and France.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I think they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                    I think they did.
                    OK, no one except the victims whined. Happy?

I've encountered a sort of historical revisionist movement among Indians. There are some who want to minimize the role of Mahatma Ghandi in the creation of independent India and replace him with Chandra Bose as India's hero of the independence movement. Chandra Bose was an Indian militant who escaped imprisonment by the British and sought asylum in Nazis Germany. When the Japanese invaded Southeast Asia he volunteered to raise an Indian National Army to fight along side of them. When Japanese military power collapsed he fled to Indochina, where he dissappeared. It's thought that Vietnamese guerillas may have executed him or that his plane may have been shot down. Those who support giving him an honored place as an Indian hero do cartwheels and backflips to explain why his association with Nazi fascism and Japanese aggression wasn't really as bad at it seems. Evidently he didn't inhale.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                    X