• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Siege predicted alot of the September 11th stuff

It also predicted Guantanamo type holding innocent people
    It showed torture
    It showed New York as the primary target
    It showed the terrorist leader was someone the US trained and came back to kill us

I thought it was a joke at the time. But it was dead on.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not a movie, but Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor had a jet crashing into the US capital building, killing most of the House/Senate, the Supreme Court, and the President. One of the survivors was newly-appointed VP Jack Ryan... whose political opponents then began whispering that the crash was just a little too convenient for him and his political allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Sorry, Doc. "The Lone Gunmen" ran in 2001. Check out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243069/
        Well, 2001 was years ago. Lone Gunmen ran 6 months prior to 9/11.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

killing most of the House/Senate, the Supreme Court, and the President.
          Did it hit durring the State of the Union Adress because thats the ONLY time all thouse people would be inside the same building. I think they even take some precautions like not having the Vice President attend... just incase.

Even when Congress is in Seshion I doupt more then 100 senators/reps are typicaly in the Capital building at a time. Have you ever seeeen C-Span most of the speches are given to audiance of no more then a dozen people. The big flash votes on the Apropriations bills are the only thing that fill the room. Ofcorse their would be many other people in the various offices and commitee chambers but I suspect much of the time senators are off in some Hotel Lobby meating with well you know Lobbyists.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Did it hit durring the State of the Union Adress because thats the ONLY time all thouse people would be inside the same building. I think they even take some precautions like not having the Vice President attend... just incase.

Naw, what happened is the previous VP resigned and Ryan was selected/nominated to take his place. This was his swearing in ceremony.

The entire thing is really a stretch to make it work, regardless of what current law/custom might be. IIRC Clancy had Ryan voted in (confirmed, I guess) by the full Congress/Senate and right after he was sworn in, but before he could take the oath, the plane hit. Ryan and his family was conveniently sitting in another part of the building waiting for the vote to take place and were actually getting up to walk to the chamber when all hell broke loose.

Yeah, it's all a stretch, but its all in how you write it - if you do it well, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

Even when Congress is in Seshion I doupt more then 100 senators/reps are typicaly in the Capital building at a time. Have you ever seeeen C-Span most of the speches are given to audiance of no more then a dozen people. The big flash votes on the Apropriations bills are the only thing that fill the room. Of course there would be many other people in the various offices and commitee chambers but I suspect much of the time senators are off in some Hotel Lobby meating with well you know Lobbyists.
              those are point of order speeches. Newt Gingrich abused them first when the cameras were zoomed in on the speaker and didn't reveal that the rest of the room was empty.

Comment

Working...
              X