Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the rating change of GTA: SA be good for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because in the Bible, God likes death and violence a lot more than He likes sex...

...and nothing more. Reading anything else into the whole situation is denying the sad truth that these people have nothing better to do with their time than NOT parent their own children and instead meddle with other's.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

@ DRoseDARs

Nah , it's just that they get mad that the game characters got some , but they can't get any . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        find some 12 year old somewhere and sell it to him for a profit.
        Exploit a child?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

@ General Ludd

Get a sense of humour :

Comment

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

General Ludd :

And just FYI , but I'm a vegetarian - I eat nothing for which an animal has to be killed .

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                The rationale is that sex is more accessible than mass murder, in large part because you don't need to be a lunatic to have sex.
                That's the same reason we don't ban religion in games

Comment

Well... violence and murder control the population... sex proliferates it. Perhaps the Ratings authority is run by a bunch of paranoid Malthusians?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghidorah

Is it anything like the ten painful minutes of pole-dancing you have to endure to get the strip club asset in Vice City? Because I can't imagine anything less arousing.
                    Unless they somehow involved El Burro, of course.

It gets to the point pretty quickly.

Funny lines:

"Ohhh let's get married."

"I'm not insecure, but tell me who the best is!"
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well, it's happened: Someone has brought forth a frivolous lawsuit.

While many have thought that "Hot Coffee" will have Rockstar laughing all the …

Grandma sues Rockstar Games

7/27/2005 9:09:19 PM, by Ken "Caesar" Fisher

It was only a matter of time, and the woodpecker has popped out from the clock: a civil suit against Rockstar has been launched seeking unspecified damages as a result of the entire Hot Coffee fiasco. The suit alleges that Rockstar and its parent company, Take-Two Interactive, engaged in misleading and deceptive practices in packaging and selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The suit was brought on behalf of consumers by Florence Cohen, aged 85, of New York. And I know you guys are going to love this one:

Grandma bought the game for her grandson. Her 14-year old grandson.

When it rains it pours for Take-Two, who was notified only yesterday that the Federal Trade Commission was investigating the situation. The inquiry comes after the US House of Representatives voted 355-21 in favor of a resolution mandating the FTC to get their hands dirty with this.

As I've made clear in previous posts, I think the ESRB took the right action in sanctioning the game, and making demands of Rockstar. Anything that threatens the integrity of an industry-backed, non-profit ratings system brings us that much closer to government control of such things, and I don't think that will benefit anyone. Then again, if an adult buys a game rated for kids 17 and above, then gives it to a kid that's less than 17 years of age, it's a little hard to keep a straight face. Some would say the problems are all Grandma's.

There is, however, a logical side to this that's hard to argue against if we drop the drama for a minute. Ratings, be they for movies or for games, are as much about what is not in the game/movie as they are about what's in them. The ratings system moves from the "OK for everyone" side of the spectrum to the "OK for only a select few," establishing outposts (as it were) that dictate what can and cannot be in a movie or game. We can ask all kinds of sociology questions about what kind of society we live in when simulated violence is so welcome but sex isn't, but when we get back to Realpolitik, we see that she has a case. The rating justifiably told her what's not in the game as well (and we have no what of knowing if she actually looked), and Rockstar is going to have a tough fight on their hands with scores of angry parents. The big question on my mind is whether or not a civil court will consider the simulated, interactive sex minigame as part of the game or not, given the need to modify the game to get to the game's hidden content.
                      Casting a wider net, I really wish that there were consequences for the people that file lawsuits and lose if the judge/jury determines that the case in question is frivolous. That would put a quick end to constant litigation and allow serious cases more opportunity to be addressed by a currently over-burdened legal system.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

When it rains it pours for Take-Two, who was notified only yesterday that the Federal Trade Commission was investigating the situation. The inquiry comes after the US House of Representatives voted 355-21 in favor of a resolution mandating the FTC to get their hands dirty with this.

Another reason why we should just shoot all the Congressmen

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          ... wear some holy symbols

Pentagrams, flipped crosses, and swastikas, eh?
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Could the rating change of GTA: SA be good for me?

Originally posted by trickey
                            Any opinions and/or factual knowledge would be helpful

What you are proposing is unethical.

Hope that helps. Have a nice day.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X