Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it should be illegal too!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, forgot to say that newspapers are allowed to do it, but since they usually stick to once or twice a year, I don't care.

Sometimes I even bite - 3-6 months of newspapers for half price of another paper than the usual gives variation .
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I swear to God this is the truth.
        I get an automated call, and I'm listening as it leaves the message, "Press 2 if you're not at home".
        Whoever it is has called numerous times.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          I swear to God this is the truth.
          I get an automated call, and I'm listening as it leaves the message, "Press 2 if you're not at home".
          Whoever it is has called numerous times.

So have you pressed two to see what happens??
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
            I never answer the phone if I don't recognize the number who's calling.
            I had another 'withheld' call this evening and I thought I'd pick it up just in case it was something important. Nope, someone trying to sell me a new f**king phone. NO! I'VE GOT ONE! As soon as the Indian accent kicked in, I realised I shouldn't have picked it up. Never again...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You can only blame yourself
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I had another 'withheld' call this evening and I thought I'd pick it up just in case it was something important. Nope, someone trying to sell me a new f**king phone. NO! I'VE GOT ONE! As soon as the Indian accent kicked in, I realised I shouldn't have picked it up. Never again...
                PH what I do is be VERY selective about who you give your mobile # to, strictly friends and family only, then only answer the home phone if I recognize the number.

That way I know if its family or friends and it's important they can get hold of me.

Comment

Thing is I get media calls, and they always show up as unlisted too. So I can't ignore those calls, I have to answer them. They might be the most important calls I get.

...or they might be evil evil bastards.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yep, people monitoring the software screwed up if you were left on hold for 10 minutes. They do try to tweak it down to a couple of seconds but the longer the period on hold is more profitable for them in terms of effeciency. The really good dialers will adjust fast enough but sometimes needs a human to overide since sometimes the trend changes to rapidly.

The worst thing is if you pick up, even if it disconnects, the software now knows you're home and will schedule a call back within a determined length of time. They try to have at least a couple of minutes pass so you don't connect the two calls. The norm is not to redial the call until an operator is available since there's a much higher probability that you will answer. (since you answered the first time)
                    Thanks to caller ID, more customers are starting to add 2+2

The 'hang on for an important message' is really tacky.

And yes there is a phone zapper that will drop most of these types of code. The usually sell for around 50 US dollars.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love telemarketers. They are the only people that call me...
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

My favorite reply, when they nab me, is when they ask "How are you doing today, Mr. Shawnmmcc." I reply "I having an absolutely miserable day. What do you want." in my short, no nonsense Air Traffic voice. They almost always hang up.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Register your phone number to report stop or block unwanted, annoying,telemarketing, spam calls, robocalls to the FTC

It works!
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X