Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 117 degrees baby!!

Yeah we broke our all time heat record.

And we also broke the record for nightime low temperature. We only got down to 95 degrees last night.

You gotta love global warming. Actually this 117 ties a record set in 1941. Back in those days the official temperature was taken at Nellis Air Force Base (we had no airport back then). I'm not sure if that elevation is higher or lower than Mccarren.

Where I live temperature can vary accross the valley based on elevation and concrete/asphalt density.

I should note that most neighborhoods were over 120 yesterday. 117 is misleadingly low.

I sure am glad I got my air conditioning fixed last month.

Yet all the news is focussing on the many deaths from the heat in Phoenix. When for once, our temperatures exceed that of phoenix. Usually they are hotter. Which leads me to believe the people in my city are smarter than those in phoenix. Our homeless people know better than to stay out in the sun.

10 minutes ago it was 90 F here. now its down to 70
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I've been in that kind of temperature once before. It was not pleasant...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How much is that in Celsius?
        Blah

Comment

the hottest temperature I was in was close to 140 F in a reactor compartment. My rubber gloves were melting to the ladder I was using to get to the upper level. This was an emergency (well not really) entry 15 minutes after shutdown. Which is the soonest you are allowed to enter a reactor compartment after shutdown (due to halflives of most of the radionuclides- except the long term ones). Actually, it was a little longer than that. As it took us a while to set up the entry area, and get the bolts and locking wire off the door. And I was wearing a full contamination suit.

I had stamina in those days. The heat never bothered me. But I admit I'm older now. And I got a headache yesterday. Though that was probably a hunger headache, since I put myself on a pretty calorie restrictive diet again. And I always get hunger headaches. It's just part of losing weight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            How much is that in Celsius?
            47.22 Celcius

Comment

That's reaaaaally hot
              Blah

Comment

I think we folks in texas sent that heat towards ya dis Sorry but after a month of it being a hundred and humid it only took a little thing like emily to cool us off a bit.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

emily is supposed to be heading our way. Not in the way of a tropical storm (that's impossible). But in terms of rain. We haven't had any rain in a few months.

Comment

It has gotten so hot our medical emergency helicopters have been grounded!. They say the air is too then for the choppers to fly (safely)

Though they say this happens every year. So it's not that shocking. Just letting you guys know how hot it gets here. I get tired of people in Ohio (as an example) thinking it's hotter there than here. I even lived in Mississippi, and it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Well if you get the residual from emily like we have you will be getting rain for bout 3 to 4 days and cooler temps. i dont think we hit 90 all day today and it has been raining since friday of last week.
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.

I didn't realize so many airline flights were cancelled because of the heat.

They were asking fat passengers to get off the flights it was so bad. Okay, I was joking about that last bit. But they had to reduce the number of passengers on the flight to ensure they could take off in the extreme heat without running out of runway space.

And we have year round schools where I live. I feel bad for the kids who have to walk to school in this. I didn't have year round school when I was a kid.

Comment

Working...
                        X