Parenting License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenting License

Once again I am bored, and thus, I am starting a new semi-controversal thread.

What do you think of this: Parenting would no longer be a fundamental right, but rather a privilege. In order to raise children, the parent(s) must prove themselves to be worthy of being able to raise their kids right. Have a test or whatnot to prove that the proto-parents have the skills, stability, and morality needed to be good parents.

I'd think that, if done properly, it would help society a lot. What do you think?

(Don't kill me please )
    Yes, parenting should be a privilege, not a right
    56.67%
    No. Bill, you are young and stupid for even suggesting this
    40.00%
    Banana
    3.33%
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

I agree in principle.

In practice, however, you're opening up a big ol' can of worms. Tis but a short step from this to an eugenics program, which won't make many people happy.

Comment

What JohnT said I've always felt that parenting should be treated as a priviledge, but I don't think it could be implemented practically.
      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Yeah, sorta like communism. Good on paper, bad in reality.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

And prefer faith based institutions taking care of those children...

Leaving people left to the mercy of yet another standardized test. I'm sure you can learn the answers which proves nothing about one's morality. At any rate, I wouldn't want some comission to judge my "morality". Maybe put in there a Catholic bishop and I wouldn't see my child again...

Awfully bad idea. There's already a "child care" institution (don't know how you call it in English) that should evaluate parents' ability to raise their children in case of doubt, and act if parents are not able to raise their children. Even if there are problems, those institutions are more likely not to act in minor cases because the alternative - asylum - is nothing better. The system is not perfect, but no system is.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

There's already a "child care" institution (don't know how you call it in English)...

There is?

Comment

Hurray for Eugenics!

Comment

quote:
                There's already a "child care" institution (don't know how you call it in English)...

There is?

I think it's called - child services and they only show up when there is a problem. Does Europe run longer term group homes? Rather than foster care?

Oh and from what I've heard our child services network is already strained, no real reason to pile on.
                Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Parenting should be made illegal, period.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

For you, yes.

Comment

I'm not the one with a kid.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

And prefer faith based institutions taking care of those children...

Leaving people left to the mercy of yet another standardized test. I'm sure you can learn the answers which proves nothing about one's morality. At any rate, I wouldn't want some comission to judge my "morality". Maybe put in there a Catholic bishop and I wouldn't see my child again...

Awfully bad idea. There's already a "child care" institution (don't know how you call it in English) that should evaluate parents' ability to raise their children in case of doubt, and act if parents are not able to raise their children. Even if there are problems, those institutions are more likely not to act in minor cases because the alternative - asylum - is nothing better. The system is not perfect, but no system is.
                        Hey, no need to be hostile. I never said anything akin to faith based institutions, (On the contrary, I believe that religion should be a choice that the child makes, rather than imposed on them through sunday school/etc.) and I don't mean morality akin to a Good Christian American (tm). Still, I can see where you object to this.
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                          Hurray for Eugenics!
                          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Wow.

I can't believe there are more yes votes than no.

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Honestly, this is like saying there should be a license to breathe.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X