Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exploiting tragedies for personal gain

ROMANIAN AUTHORITIES DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN WESTERN ROMANIA

Three weeks of heavy rains in the western Romania in June 2005 caused extensive flooding and destruction. Water levels reached approximately 33 feet in some locations, the highest record level in the past 100 years. 41,000 houses have been destroyed, and 315,500 people have been evacuated. Extensive stretches of agricultural land were flooded, and many bridges, roads, and water supply systems were affected.

Houses still standing may have suffered irreversible damage to their clay foundations and may collapse at any moment. Many people prefer to risk their lives and continue to stay in their houses for fear of looting. Many people are desperate after seeing their life savings being destroyed so quickly, with little or no chance of recovery.

The month of July has brought even more rains and flash floods!

Vasilenco Christian Services established a social service program in Romania in 1998 and continues to serve children and families there. We anticipate a significant increase in the number of people requesting our help.

Please help Vasilenco help Romanian families rebuild their lives!

Please Sent Your Donation Thru Bank Account:

Name: Vasilenco Dan Constantin
    Bank name: Banca Comerciala Romana
    Address: str. Brailei nr. 35
    City/State: Galati, Romania
    Nr. acc: 2511.2-65444.3 in USD $
    IBAN: RO89RNCB2700000654440003
    BIC: RNCBR0BUGL0

Nr. acc: 2511.2-65444.2 in EUR €
    IBAN: RO19RNCB2700000654440002
    BIC:RNCBR0BUGL0

Nr. acc: 2511.2-65444.1 in RON
    IBAN: RO46RNCB2700000654440001
    BIC: RNCBR0BUGL0

Please send your checks to :

Address: Str. Dr Mihail Petrini Galati nr. 8, bl w1, ap. 37

Please Sent Your Donation Thru Western Union:

Name: Cristian Coman
    Address: piata 1 mai nr. 34
    City/State: Bucuresti, Romania

We just want you to help that people with little you have. All your effort will be apreciated and your name will apear to our website and presented to Romanian TV stations "TVR1" (Romanian Television), web site www.tvr.ro and to "ROMANIATV" (Romanian Christian Television), web site www.romaniantv.org, in Program "Romania Sub Ape" (Romania Under Water).
    If you want to help please email us to: apa@uv.ro or vcsro@yahoo.com or vdonate@jesusanswers.com.

Some of the many families your donation will help:

The Paul family consists of 2 adults and 6 children. One of the children is currently in the hospital and cannot return home because there is no place for him. A wall of their clay-built house fell, and the 7 family members are living in one room. The rest of the house may collapse at any moment. The house will need to be rebuilt. Prayers and donations are needed!

The Varga family consists of 2 parents, an 8-year old girl, and 3-month- old baby. The water entered their house and the house will likely collapse. With no place to go and no hope for improving their lives, the Vargas continue to live in their unsafe home.

The Neda/Tanasie family is raising two children (ages 2 and 4) at home and have another little one in the hospital whom they cannot bring into their unsafe home. This child will soon go into foster care if the family’s situation does not improve.

Their house could not resist the floodwaters, and it was supported with a large pole to prevent it from collapsing. Time has made things worse. Many holes are now present in the walls and the roof.

Please Support the Romanian Flood Victims.

In Jesus' name, we thank you!

This is definately a scam.

Comment

Of course it is, Kuci. Everybody knows there's no such thing as Romania.

It's all Transylvanian to me, anyway.
      B♭3

Comment

Well, at least the guy brings attention on that (I have no idea whether the floods are true or not)

Those interested can now give to an actual charity that deals with Romania
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

And some who are interested will be stupid enough to send their money to this *******, where it won't do any good.

Comment

Well, after a quick browse on Euronews and Médecins sans Frontières, nobody mentions the flood, so I suppose that it either didn't exist, or that the Romanian authorities have the situation under control.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              And some who are interested will be stupid enough to send their money to this *******, where it won't do any good.
              Does this kind of thing still work?

Comment

I checked google news, to confirm that it even existed, before posting.

Comment

Romania: Largest flood in 35 years

From Reuters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Does this kind of thing still work?
                    They keep doing it, don't they? And we keep hearing stories about people who fall for these, which must just scratch the surface.

Comment

Well, the guy is undoubtedly an *******, then.

Edit: Or actually, there is one doubt. There is the remote possibility that the guy wants to help and doesn't know how, and tries to get foreign money to put it to good use. While I don't believe it, there is the very remote possibility that it might be true.

However, I wouldn't cling on this remote hope if I wanted to help the Romanians. Giving money to the Maltesers is the way to go

Comment

I doubt the normal person to fall for this scam would even look, thought it is very clever to ensure that even those that do check might think it legit.

There probably has never been a tragedy on which someone did not try to make a buck.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I guarantee that many have already "donated," unfortunatley.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Reuters doesn't seem to think it's as bad as the scammer.

Still wonder why the local news hasn't picked up on this.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

*Quickly hides his "I survived 9/11 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirts*
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X