just. plain. STUPID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The harm is in teaching dialect spellings as they are ok to be used in the working world.
    Where does it say they're gonna do that? They're giving them supplementary texts, not teaching them to write AAVE in lieu of standard.

As for black history and the like, the very idea is crap. If normal history education is one-sided or unbalanced, the solution is to rectify that, not teaching additional one-sided and unbalanced versions of history.

Regarding Danish, the reasons Swedes have greater difficulties unstanding it than Danes Swedish is basically i) the fact that while Danes not infrequently follow Swedish media, Swedes never follow Danish, and ii) that Danes typically articulate less clearly.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

Danes typically articulate less clearly.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Yeah, quite funny considering it comes from a Swede

Btw, Che, how many swdes and danes have you spoken with ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• A handful of Swedes, but no Danes.

I'm not laughing cuz I think it's true, just cuz you got dissed.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The situation is this. Americans are some of the worst educated people in the modern world.
            I think you mean that Americans are some of the best educated people in the world. You can be depressed about that fact at your leisure.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• DanS speaks the truth.

Comment

• chegitz guevara speaks the untruth
                Bunnies!
                Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  I'm not laughing cuz I think it's true, just cuz you got dissed.
                  Yeah, I guess that he is trying to get revenge for this

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                    chegitz guevara speaks the untruth
                    Yeah, cuz uneducated people are so able to lead the world in innovation and trade and all sorts of other things.

Comment

• i am sorry... i wanted to say dont make me laugh but you just did...that you might have HAD a small percentage of you population educated by the best and brightest (from all over the world) and thus creating a time IN THE PAST where you (the USA) was the leader in innovations and technology doesnt mean that THEN and certainly not NOW you have the best educated population i just means you had some of the best educated induviduals...

hmz would have thought that you would have agreed on this with me che...sometimes even a US communist has the need to protect his country pride
                      Bunnies!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

• and certainly not NOW
                        Sadly, we have one of the best educated populations in the modern world. We aren't talking about small percentages here.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• sadly you are mistaken...if you look at the percentages of people that didnt finish high shool and the precentages that dont have any education except high shool i know you dont rank as high as you think...but to be fair you also dont rank as low as most other people think
                          Bunnies!

Comment

• About 12% don't finish high school, which is a regrettably high number. On the other hand, university attainment is comparably very high in the US. About a third get a bachelor's degree or better. Over half attend some university.

Don't get me wrong. These are poor numbers. For instance, lots of people drop out of university. But they are better than almost all other countries.

Comment

• DanS, you're simply wrong. Compared to 1st world countries, the US is bringing up the rear in education. Europe, the Far East, even parts of south america have better education systems, and better educated people.
                              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• OK, Kaak. Prove it.

Comment

Working...
                                X