No announcement yet.

What circle of Hades is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fascinated by Imran's understanding of how weather works.

Comment

Dan,

At least you don't commute to work by bike. I'm fit, but no matter what I do I'm halfway soaked by the time I'm to work. DC is atrocious, especially for the business community and the feds who have to dress up every day
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Bunch of wimps.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

IIRC, shouldn't you get a handicap because you're Panamanian?
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Camden AR July 18 8 pm CST

81F with 88% humidity

July 19 high:
            91F with 40% chance of precipitation (up from 30% today so humidity will probably be superhigh)
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: What circle of Hades is this?

Originally posted by DanS
              91 degrees F (33 degrees C)
              Feels like 100 degrees F (38 degrees C)
              54% humidity
              71 degrees F dewpoint (22 degrees C)

Just your normal late July day in Washington. Walk a couple of blocks and you're soaked.

I admit that I'm a wimp.

We were 117 degrees yesterday. That tied our all time record.

and don't give me this dry heat crap. You sweat more in this than you do back east. You just don't feel it because it evaporates immediately. But all the salts and crap are still left on your skin, so you still need showers.

Comment

That's the point Diss...if your sweat evaporates more easily, it is more effective in cooling you
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  That's the point Diss...if your sweat evaporates more easily, it is more effective in cooling you
                  yes, but it will still kill you if you don't drink water.

yet amazingly humans are stupid enough not to drink water in the desert. sometimes I wonder if we really are smarter than animals.

I know lots of people who say they aren't sweating so they don't need to drink lots of water.

The fact is more people die in Arizona than in Ohio.

So I don't want to hear any of this dry heat crap.

Comment

DanS, I lived in DeeCee for 7 years in a house without AC.

After two weeks, you get used to it and before I know it while people are b*tching about the heat, I was like eh?

That's the problem with AC - when you work in an office that's ACed, drive in a car with AC on, and so on, your body just don't have the opportunity to get used to the climate so for you it's hot all the time.

AC
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

woosies

100% humidity - every day

and at least 30 to 34C

I have climatised to Singapore over the past 3 months though. When I first landed here in January, I couldn't really take it.
                      be free

Comment

And this matters because the climates in Arizona and Ohio except for humidity are anything close to alike?

Comment

okay compare Missisissippi to Arizona then. They are closer to the same lattitude.

The fact is people are more aware they need to drink more water when they feel themselves sweating alot.

People are under the illusion they don't need to drink water out here. Touritsts comes and drink nothing but alcohol. Luckily for them they remain in the air conditioning nearly the whole time, so we don't really have any tourists die.

Arizona is worse because illegal immigrants come through and don't think to bring enough water.

Comment

Diss, if Ohio had the same population density as Arizona, and had poor illegals flooding through it, I bet it would be in the crapper regarding exposure death rates too.

Comment

Arizona isn't that barren. There's a lot of people living there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                                That might be because the elderly retire in Arizona more than Ohio.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X