No announcement yet.

What circle of Hades is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fully with JohnT on this -- Atlanta is hell.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Az
      This sort of weather here today made me beg for mercy at 33 ( and around 80% humidity)
      Where are you located? Haifa? If so, then your humidty isn't 80%, at least by the way we are measuring it in this thread.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Az
        I wish we had 54% humidity.

Temperature means ****. I can take 42 degrees no sweat ( literally), as long as it's nice and dry, and I am properly hydrated. This sort of weather here today made me beg for mercy at 33 ( and around 80% humidity)
        Weather.com link from above says Haifa's humidity is 54%.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Yes, but Atlanta doesn't have the luxury of a mere 54% humidity in July.
          They're only at 60% humidity today. Not far off.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dammit, will you just stop countering my assertions with facts!

Comment

Woe is us.

Comment

Here's what my next 10 days looks like:

Suckers.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm in Rhode Island right now, and it's supposed to be cold up here, but lately it has been in the high 80s, sometimes even the 90s...the humidity has drifted up into the 80%90% range, and is expected to get higher...unlike most of America, there are no air conditioners up here, dang...

I hear it's worse at home in St. Louis...

Comment

I miss Calgary.

Comment

Vancouver's the place to be - and I'll be there in two days.

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

It got up to 85 on the Oregon Coast yesterday. You might not think that's hot until you realize that we like to be judged on our toughness using a sliding scale.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lucky for me, my workplace is kept at very low humidity. When you're dealing with three million volts, you don't want much water in the air

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                            Haha, Ottawa still beats everyone.
                            I walked 18 holes saturday morning in this weather. Am i glad the sister has a pool!

Heat wave + pool + patio + cold beer
                            What?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              They're only at 60% humidity today. Not far off.
                              That's cause it rained every day last week so much of humidity fell to the ground.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That's cause it rained every day last week so much of humidity fell to the ground.
                                It rained here like a son of a ***** for both days last weekend.

On thursday and friday it was ridiculously humid.

Should be 94 tomorrow with 60% humidity.

Might turn on the a/c...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X