something for the Danes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat
    Nah, they don't have to emigrate - since the bridge was build southern swede has discovered that there are other opinions than those dictated by Stockholm - soon you will see a rebellion and Skåne, Halland and Blekinge will return to Denmark
    /me laughs at the delusions of the faded empire
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Nah, they don't have to emigrate - since the bridge was build southern swede has discovered that there are other opinions than those dictated by Stockholm - soon you will see a rebellion and Skåne, Halland and Blekinge will return to Denmark
      I'm a staunch supporter of kicking Scania out of Sweden.
      Seriously - is your answer to the problem that people with other opinions than the ruling regime just can start their own papers ?
      Sure seems preferable to dictating what the existing papers print.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        kicking Scania out of Sweden.
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

* Spiffor laughs at the delusions of the faded empire
          If it was incited by the Danish government, then I would laugh with you - though, many from Skåne (the part just opposite Copenhagen) just feels that they are closer to Copenhagen than to Stockholm so you never know
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It might be different in Sweden, but here most newspapers gladly print things they don't agree with on the debate pages. I guess that they see it as a part of a democratic discussion,
            I don't know about gladly, but they do it here too. Heck, my local newspaper, which is moderately rightist, has a fulltime columnist who is a leftwing socdem.

What's unlikely to get thru is nationalist populist stuff, particularly if it complains about press censorship.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'm a staunch supporter of kicking Scania out of Sweden.
              Sure seems preferable to dictating what the existing papers print.
              I really luv how you ignored the last sentense of that paragraph you didn't quote in it's full
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I really luv how you ignored the last sentense of that paragraph you didn't quote in it's full
                The sentence in question:
                I guess that the Burmese government will applause your point of wiew.

Now, what I'm supposed to say about this? Of course, your guess is almost certainly wrong, as the Burmese junta isn't known for allowing the start-up of oppositional papers, but beyond that?

Comment

Well, my guess is that if somebody tried to start a newspaper in Sweden that f..ex. wanted to discuss immigration, it would be shut down by authorities.

Is that so much different from Burma ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well, my guess is that if somebody tried to start a newspaper in Sweden that f..ex. wanted to discuss immigration, it would be shut down by authorities.

That guess is wrong.

Immigration is discussed in the Swedish press. Quite frequently, in fact. It's true that strongly anti-immigration or racist views have difficulties getting heard, but that's mostly due to self-censorship, and it's not like they're totally silenced.

Comment

That guess is wrong.

Immigration is discussed in the Swedish press. Quite frequently, in fact. It's true that strongly anti-immigration or racist views have difficulties getting heard, but that's mostly due to self-censorship, and it's not like they're totally silenced.
                      You may be rigth, but my guess according to those swedes that write to danish papers, it isn't worth the ink used. For instance, swedish papers NEVER tells the origin of people that commit a crime - that may be reasonable if there are no correlation between immigrant and native crimes, but if that is not the case, then why the silence ?

Oh, you think that it's just some racial prejudicies ? Well, it seems that others think otherwise. According to an interview with a local member of a gang based upon immigrants, their thoughs are that hells angels are some kind of pensionists and that they are going to take over their business - I guess that it is some kind of threat from people that hasn't integrated into the society.

Since Sweden is even worse off than denmark, I guess that you are in for something much worse.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The only race related crimes I can think of is honor killings. And then it´s quite obvious where they´re from... Otherwise it´s just crime. Nationality doesn´t enter into it. The criminality among immigrants is a social problem, not a racial one.
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Gang rapes
                          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

You may be rigth, but my guess according to those swedes that write to danish papers, it isn't worth the ink used. For instance, swedish papers NEVER tells the origin of people that commit a crime
                            That's simply not true.
                            - that may be reasonable if there are no correlation between immigrant and native crimes, but if that is not the case, then why the silence ?

Oh, you think that it's just some racial prejudicies ? Well, it seems that others think otherwise. According to an interview with a local member of a gang based upon immigrants, their thoughs are that hells angels are some kind of pensionists and that they are going to take over their business - I guess that it is some kind of threat from people that hasn't integrated into the society.
                            It hasn't occured to you that he was lying out of his ass? While gangs of immigrant youth are a problem in some areas, they're far from attaining the (very limited) organization and firepower of the MC gangs.
                            Since Sweden is even worse off than denmark, I guess that you are in for something much worse.
                            Since you seem to have no clue about the situation in Sweden wrt immigrants, we could not care less about your guesses.

Comment

Where did the notion that understanding implies sympathy come from?
                              Madame de Stael, I believe. "To understand all, is to forgive all"
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Madame de Stael, I believe. "To understand all, is to forgive all"
                                Stupid *****.

Comment

Working...
                                X