Percocet vs. Dilaudid vs. Norco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percocet vs. Dilaudid vs. Norco

I just had some minor surgery done, and I was given 3 scrips by the doc for pain management, just to make sure I had one that worked. His instructions were to try the Percs first, and if the side effects were too nasty, fill the Dilaudid scrip, and use the Norco as a last resort if the Dilaudid gave me bad side effects.

What are the differences between each drug? I know that Tylenol with codeine nauseates me; what is the likelihood that any of these will have similar effects? Thankfully, I am not feeling much discomfort yet, but I want something that's effective without making me sick (I don't want to stress my body with vomiting, besides not being fond of puke in general.) I followed the docs directions and filled the Perc scrip (wife getting them now), but just wanted some advice about the others. I've had Percs, can't recall what they did for me. I hear Norco is like Vicodin, and the only thing I know about Dilaudid is that it's hydromorphone, presumably a morphine derivative, and that William S. Burroughs was happy to get some in Drugstore Cowboy.

Any medical advice/trip reports would be appreciated.

Not familiar with Norco.

But the others are narcotics, and as such they can cause nausea and constipation. They are both very powerful pain relievers, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't work.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
    X