Maybe we'll name her "Milwaukee's Best"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we'll name her "Milwaukee's Best"

Truth is consistently much stranger than fiction...

Birthing Under The Influence
    Oklahoma woman goes into labor after quaffing "Milwaukee's Best"

JULY 15--A pregnant Oklahoma woman who split a case of beer with her boyfriend shortly before giving birth last month is facing felony child neglect charges. Melissa Irene Tanner, a 37-year-old mother of seven, had a blood alcohol content nearly four times the state's .08 limit, according to the below probable cause affidavit. Tanner's baby, a girl born June 30, had a BAC of .21, nearly three times the Oklahoma limit. Tanner, who first told a nurse that she was unaware of the pregnancy, was arrested and tossed into the Washington County lockup, where she is being held in lieu of $30,000 bail. Tanner, pictured at right in a booking photo, drank a case of beer a week during her pregnancy, and apparently preferred "the cheap stuff," according to the affidavit. In fact, a friend quoted by cops said that after the baby was born, she asked Tanner what the girl was going to be named. Tanner, the friend told deputies, replied, "Maybe Milwaukee's Best." (6 pages)
    JULY 15--A pregnant Oklahoma woman who split a case of beer with her boyfriend shortly before giving birth last month is facing felony child neglect charges. Melissa Irene Tanner, a 37-year-old mother
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Where does US case law stand on this issue?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

mother of 7 is the part that has me wondering.

what are the rest of the kids like?
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        Where does US case law stand on this issue?
        I don't think case law matters.

They could simply use 12 pack law.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
          mother of 7 is the part that has me wondering.

what are the rest of the kids like?
          FAS would be my guess.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

How much is a "case" of beer?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

24 x 12 oz.

My secretary informs me that it never used to be known that alcohol was bad during pregnancy and that it was said that beer was "good for breast milk."

Oh how times have changed...
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                24 x 12 oz
                That's just a night out for KH. What luck he isn't pregnant.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

HEYYYYYY,

I DRINK Milwaukee's Best. Yeah, it's cheaper than what I normally would prefer but it's brewed by Miller so it tastes better than Bud Light.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I don't think case law matters.

They could simply use 12 pack law.

ACK!
                    BOOO!!!
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

For cheaper beer, I prefer Huber/Huber Bock or Leinenkugel's.
                      B♭3

Comment

Well, the kid might have fetal alcohol syndrome, but she looks awfully Native Peoples... that can't be good for the stereotype, can it?
                        B♭3

Comment

I somehow feel this thread hasn't created enough outrage.

You know there are rumours going around that this woman is a Republican, and that she supported the war in Iraq right from the start.

I mean apart from endangering her child, she may very well have voted for Pres. Bush! More than once!!

Comment

PBR is all one needs for cheap beer. PBR.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

PBR sucks. I'll never know why hipsters favor it.

Old Style is better.

B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X