Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US threatens Uzbek aid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4681479.stm
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

About damn time.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

I wonder what the US really wants.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Let's hold China to the same standard.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Let's hold China to the same standard.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yer head fell off Az.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Az

same here
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I think we'd like Karimov to modify his policies, with regard to dissidents. This would A. Make a takeover by radical Islamists LESS likely, by strengthening other opposition elements B. Reduce support across the region for AQ. C. Add credibility to prodemocracy positions elsewhere. The US would still like to keep the base in Uzbek, though.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  Their children's blood and bones so we can mash them together and bake the mixture into a delectable, nutritious bread.
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

But the Pentagon has been anxious to maintain strong ties in order to continue using the Uzbek air base.

They've been threatening not to let us stay on those air bases for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Their children's blood and bones so we can mash them together and bake the mixture into a delectable, nutritious bread.
                      ah ha -- just as I suspected
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                      X