an idea against shyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an idea against shyness

Here is an idea against shyness for shy men. I would like to know what you think of it.

To strain oneself/to make an effort

Shy people often think that they are not worth very much, that they can`t achieve anything in life. They have a low Self-worth, while most people have a rather high self-worth from birth.
    To increase the self worth, one has to strain oneself in order to prove to oneself that one is actually worth something, able to achieve something. Trying to change this belief (that one is worth nothing) by positive thinking/trying to change one`s attitude doesn`t seem to work. It didn`t work for me in any case. What did work in my case was to strenghthen the muscles. This may sound strange, but if you have weak muscles and are of the intellectual kind, then it is definitely an effort to streghthen the muscles, while thinking just comes naturally, with no effort. Strengthening the muscles of the base of the body is the most important thing, especially if you have a hollow back/problems in the lumbar area, as I did. It is very hard to change a hollow back to normality, you have to tense the (this may sound silly) abdomen and buttock muscles a lot of time, for months and months. But you get a big reward: a lot more self –worth and less health risks. If your muscles are already strong enough, you have to look somewehre else in your life to see where an effort would be useful and necessary.
    Strengthening the muscles is certainly not a cure for all, it only works if you have to make a conscious effort to do it. If you are bad in maths, getting better there would also be an effort. But the motive is also important. Shy men are often top students (I am one of those) but study a lot out of fear (the wrong motive), and they study too much instead of using their time in a more useful way.
    Most women don`t want to be with men with low self worth, even if they are as nice as shy men are, because self worth is like the base of the character, without it you are litterally not worth much. So the motivation for shy men to raise their self-worth should be to be “worthful” enough to deserve the love/appreciation of women.

Here is a link if you want to read more details about this:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

What do you think of this idea?

Comment

I agree on the base idea of it.

Accomplishing something previously thought of as difficult seems to do the trick, as long as there isnt a viscious setback.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

An unknown settler posting a link = do not read the post

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

that link takes me to a "Free iPods" site!

Not really

Comment

let me be the first to test the water. only one poster has the balls to click that link. Yep- Dissident.. err I mean dis. I forget my own name sometimes.

Comment

it's more of an expansion of the ideas in the original post in this thread.

and there's pictures of this angel chick.

Yeah I fit the description of this shy guy. But I don't give a **** anymore. I have given up on life.

Comment

She looks nothing like anGel
                And why would anGel write so much about shyness?

And why are there three of the same pictures of her?
                And what was this thread about again?
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Blah

Comment

This reminds me of a drunken guy who got talking to me on a plane one time. Good times!

Comment

not as good as a drunken girl

Comment

read 'non verbal sexual cuing' by Keanu J. Jagger, available in ebook
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

So if I work out I get some freak with wings wanting to talk with me? Fantastic...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

you wouldn't have sex with a woman with wings? I would.

Comment

You'd have sex with anything, Diss
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X