Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 out of 4 london bombers revealed

THE TEACHER BOMBER

One of the bombers who brought carnage to London taught disabled children, it has emerged.

Mohammed Sadique Khan, 30, of Dewsbury, was a supply teaching assistant who taught disabled children in Beeston, it has been revealed.

A picture of him carried on the front page of The Times shows the bearded bomber caring for young children at the school.

The news came as police told Sky News they were hunting a fifth man involved in the plot to kill 52 people in Britain's first suicide strikes.

Sky News' crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "Police have to assume that there were others working with these four."

The Times reported that the mastermind of the attacks was a Pakistani in his 30s who arrived through a British port last month but left a day before the bombings.

Detectives are piecing together the lives of the suicide bombers - four home-grown young men.

Three of the four bombers are believed to be Shehzad Tanweer, 22, of Leeds, Mohammed Sadique Khan, 30, of Dewsbury, and Hasib Hussain, 19, of Leeds.

A fourth man from Yorkshire has been identified by police but not yet named.

He is believed to have been on the train which was devastated near Russell Square Tube station and is thought to be a friend of the other three suspects.

Bashir Ahmed, 65, the uncle of Shehzad Tanweer, said: "The family is shattered. This is a terrible thing."

Mr Ahmed said it was hard for the family to accept their son had caused such loss of life, adding: "It wasn't him. It must have been forces behind him."

Meanwhile, police have raided homes in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.

Shehzad Tanweer pictured on the front page of The Sun

Brunt said police had received a tip-off that they might find explosives in a home

and a bit more:http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...icle299086.ece
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy

Suicide bombers
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

If you can't trust people who look after disabled children, who can you trust? I would expect a huge backlash against people of arab decent and moslems throughout the UK and elsewhere perhaps.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

note - while the bombers were local muslim brits, apparently the "mastermind" was foreign. And one of the bombers definitely traveled to Pakistan, and may have attended a Madrassah there affiliated with lashkar e Taiba, an AQ affiliated Pakistani "militant" group. And police are now saying the explosives used in London were fairly sophisticated.

So,while there is much yet to learn I wouldnt focus so much on local brit muslims - this looks to be the work of international AQ.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

True, but for the local populace, the local muslims are at hand.

Comment

You should all watch/download episode 3 of "30 Days", which deals with a very Christian white guy living as a muslim for 30 days. Pretty amazing.

Its a series by the same guy who did Supersize Me.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                True, but for the local populace, the local muslims are at hand.
                Muslims are far more populous as a percentage in the UK than in the US. That means most people probably know a Muslim in contrast to the US.

Oh, and Lancer isn't a TV show... TV... you know that thing you watch stuff on?

Oh, and that was a GREAT episode. I'm sad to have missed the one where the homophobic marine lives with the gay couple in San Fran .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  Suicide bombers

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Muslims are far more populous as a percentage in the UK than in the US. That means most people probably know a Muslim in contrast to the US.

Oh, and Lancer isn't a TV show... TV... you know that thing you watch stuff on?

Oh, and that was a GREAT episode. I'm sad to have missed the one where the homophobic marine lives with the gay couple in San Fran .
                    That episode was even better (the gay one, episode 4).

The best part about it was the guy's best friend from back home came to town for 3 days, and on one of the days they got drunk, went to a gay bar, and danced shirtless on the stage...

The next day they were doing damage control.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I was away from the TV fixing a sandwich when that happened...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

His friend was hot.

Comment

As for the bombers, those 70 "virgins" are going to be raping them for eternity...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

oddly, Juan Cole, Prof of Middle East studies at Univ of Michigan, widely quoted as an expert, had earlier PROVEN that the bombers could NOT be British muslims.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

This is only the start.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X