The Beatles Vs. Phil Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles Vs. Phil Collins

Friend and I are having a silly infantile debate, so I wanna see what Apolyton has to say.

For whatever reason you deem valid, who was better (in their prime), The Beatles, or Phil Collins(with or without Genesis)?
    The Beatles
    81.67%
    Phil Collins
    18.33%
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

You can't be serious?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sure I can, it's just hard sometimes.

Comment

Second time this week you've had me go

What?

Comment

What's your opinion, Ninot?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
            Second time this week you've had me go

Maybe I'll go for a third.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
              What's your opinion, Ninot?
              I think Phil Collins is a terrific musician.

But I think its a joke to put him in the same league as the Fab 4. Their music was revolutionary and it just doesn't get old.

But don't let that affect your voting

Comment

In the interests of fairness for your poll we now need someone to post a glowing recommendation for Phil Collins.

Someone?

Anyone?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He's a terrific drummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    He's a terrific drummer!
                    What?

Comment

I think this is a thinly disguised attempt at finding something everyone can agree on, re. the debate we had a few days ago, started by Carolus Rex, on whether total agreement among Poly folk was achieveable.

I like Phil Collins' music and lyrics a lot, and I've a great amount of respect for his ability to stay on top for so long, but this is waay out there in left field, so to speak.

Comment

Hahahaha, yes, i'm trying to unite Apolyton, and next i'll invite everyone to go see a Beatles Tribute band.

Honest to God tho, my friend curses out anyone who claims the Beatles are better in anyway, and he has found people who agree with him. The poll question is actually one of the first things he'll ask any stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                          Hahahaha, yes, i'm trying to unite Apolyton, and next i'll invite everyone to go see a Beatles Tribute band.

Honest to God tho, my friend curses out anyone who claims the Beatles are better in anyway, and he has found people who agree with him. The poll question is actually one of the first things he'll ask any stranger.
                          I wonder why he's not the one posting on Poly.
                          What?

Comment

I could probably say that I liked Phil Collins better, but I'd never say he was even remotely as popular, big, important or lasting as the Beatles.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

I wonder why he's not the one posting on Poly.
                              he's on an extended vacation in the woods somewhere.

I was thinkin on him and thought to do this, something to show him when he gets back.

Comment

Working...
                              X