X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: World not flat; scientists baffled

PA promises 'Protocols' ammendment

SHEERA CLAIRE FRENKEL, THE JERUSALEM POST Jul. 14, 2005
    Following The Jerusalem Post's report Tuesday that Palestinian textbooks contained references to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion as an "integral part" of Zionist history, the Palestinian Authority has promised to remove the mention from future textbooks.

"The Palestinians Minister [of Education Naim Abu al-Humos] said that it was a mistake that would be immediately corrected," said a spokesman for the Belgian Ministry of Development speaking to the Post by telephone. "They apologized and said they would report to us where the reference originated."

He added that in the next printing of this year's textbooks the reference would be omitted. A Web site for the Palestinian Education Ministry that also included a reference to the Protocols was corrected immediately, said the Belgian spokesman.
    The Protocols are a fabricated document purporting to disclose the secret plans of a Jewish conspiracy for world domination.
    The Belgian government, which has funded the books since 2000, was scheduled to end its funding this year.

"At this point we are not reviewing funding the textbooks for an additional year," said the Belgian spokesperson.

"In the future, if we are to reconsider supporting the textbooks, then it would only be with an enhanced screening process."
    The textbooks were originally funded by Italy, Finland, and the Netherlands. However, this year's books only credited "Arab nations" and the Belgium government for funding.

"A lot of what appears in the Palestinian textbooks in regards to the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' and the lack of the existence of Israel on any map feeds into the incitement that the Palestinian Authority promised to put an end to," said a senior official in the Prime Minister's Office. "This is another example of steps not taken [as part of] stage one roadmap obligations."

"The mention of the 'Protocols' is indeed wrong and the Belgian government recognizes the 'Protocols' as an anti-Semitic document," said the Belgian spokesman.

"It is something we cannot support and we feel it is totally wrong."

The government has begun reevaluating why the mention was not caught by the "screening process," which included an Arab-speaking staff that read through the textbook and approved them as not being anti-Semitic.

The Belgian Minister of Development, who heads the department that funds the textbooks, said that he asked the Palestinian Ministry of Education why the mention of the Protocols was included in the textbook.
    All hail that peace lovin' organisation, the PA. Wondrous in all ways and perfect in most, here it is at its best.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Removing anti-semitic contents
    Funding textbooks without effective screening
    Blah

Comment

A journey of a thousand miles ......
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

At last they're changing it. The concern about the Palestinian history textbooks has been voiced in Europe for years now, but it has never been trusted (TBH, the voices that spoke about it were less than trustworthy too)
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

From the article:
          The government has begun reevaluating why the mention was not caught by the "screening process," which included an Arab-speaking staff that read through the textbook and approved them as not being anti-Semitic.

Along with the blind chimp.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There was an episode of the West Wing, where the Prez got an old map of ME as a present. He wanted to frame it and put it on a wall, because it was a nice map, but was adviced against it, because the pre 1948 map didn't include the nation of Israel.

Just reminded me of that.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

the sad fact is they are still better than textbooks in some U.S. states.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                the sad fact is they are still better than textbooks in some U.S. states.
                those with maps like this?:
                Attached Files
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

So where is this inaccuracy then?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

All of our textbooks are up to date except the encyclopedias...

Apparently, USSR is still ONE nation, the GDP of China is in the millions, and France is the economic leader...oh, and the ratio of TVs and radios to people (in America) is still below 1, so it obviously is out of date...just a little...

One of our Substitute teachers even thought the Soviets still controlled the mid-east...Still? Did they ever?

Comment

Working...
                      X