Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

399,999 Bottles of Wine on the Roads... 399,999 Free Bottles of Wine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 399,999 Bottles of Wine on the Roads... 399,999 Free Bottles of Wine...

Someone made a thread about "Free Money" from MS for Americans awhile back, here's some free wine in France if you're in the area.

French give away 400,000 bottles of wine
    From correspondents in Narbonne
    July 14, 2005
    WINE growers in southern France, eager to alert holidaymakers to the crisis hitting the industry, will hand out 400,000 bottles later this month at toll booths and along rural roads in the region.

Wines produced in the Aude department - in and around Narbonne and Carcassonne - as well as those made in the Languedoc will be given out, especially to tourists vacationing in the Aude, the wine producers' union said.
    The free bottles will bear special labels extolling the virtues of the wine, and producers also will distribute leaflets explaining the current overproduction crisis in France's wine industry.

A large part of France's 2004 output remains unsold and Paris has won authorisation from the European Union to convert 1.5 million hectoliters of top quality "appellation" wine into spirits via distillation.

Wine growers fear that another bumper harvest this year will only aggravate the problem.

The world's biggest wine producer, France is under mounting pressure to reform its industry because of declining consumption at home and intense competition abroad from new producer countries like Australia and Chile.
    Road Safety

Too bad I don't drive
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      Too bad I don't drive
      that's good !

then you can drink !!!

i on the other hand, have to drive, so i can't drink
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
      X