Google Maps does Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps does Japan

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

This should make Timexwatch happy. I still can't see my house on the satellite view (doesn't zoom in enough), but at least now the map view is useful for finding things.

Hopefully the rest of Asia will follow soon.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

There is a sat view of Israel ( a rather poor one), but no maps, yet.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

There are no maps for Europe (bar Britain), but it's fairly easy to find what you're looking for, if you know where to look at.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Dang, it's in Kanji. I was looking for the imperial palace in Tokyo, but I have no idea what it is in kanji. COuld you please help me, Drake?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          There is a sat view of Israel ( a rather poor one), but no maps, yet.
          Not that poor. The resolution is about 30m. I can see my house as a nice dot.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Since you live in an appartment building, like most civilized people, that's probably not that great of a resolution. In N. America, people can see their goddamn dog cannel on satellite.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Wow, this map even shows building footprints and names. Wonder when they're going to do that for the US map.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                Since you live in an appartment building, like most civilized people, that's probably not that great of a resolution. In N. America, people can see their goddamn dog cannel on satellite.
                Only in selected urban areas.

If you want a more easy to use satellite imagery program, use Nasa Worldwind
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                  Dang, it's in Kanji. I was looking for the imperial palace in Tokyo, but I have no idea what it is in kanji. COuld you please help me, Drake?
                  No problem. The Imperial Palace is called the Koukyo in Japanese. Kanji looks like this...

皇居

Here's a picture. If you want to find it yourself, just look for the big park east of Shinjuku 新宿 near Takebashi 竹橋.
                  Attached Files
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm always amazed how huge the urban area surrounding the Tokyo is. You can already spot it when all of Asia is on display.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Only in selected urban areas.

If you want a more easy to use satellite imagery program, use

I have a better sat pic of Haifa and TLV on my hard drive.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Thanks Drake

Comment

Oh, grand. A map of Japan that only kanji readers can use. How singularly useful for illiterates like myself.

Perhaps they should add another option next to Map and Satellite -- English Mode.^-^
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Az

I have a better sat pic of Haifa and TLV on my hard drive.
                            Can you send me a copy?

Comment

sure! what's your email, again?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X