Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we(U.S.) do if 20 nukes go off simultaneously in the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do we(U.S.) do if 20 nukes go off simultaneously in the U.S.?

This author has been going on every talk radio show I can find for the last week.... every time I turn on the radio, there he is.

With varying degrees of evidence, he claims there are 20 nuclear weapons(low yield ones... but low yield is relative, its a nuke) in the U.S. in terrorists hands and they are planning to detonate them simultaneously.

So what does the U.S. do after this happens? Nuke Mecca and Medina?

hmmm... it would be the wrong thing to do, (nuking holy lands) but if Terrorists are capable of such damage and have such great resources, how could the U.S. ever possibly retaliate on any level near that?

If americans are in fear of nukes, and think that no matter what they do (short of nuclear war) isn't gonna be enough, thats jut scary.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Try it and find out

Comment

If you are up wind and at lease 30 to 40 miles away, stay there and don't go towards the blast area for several years.

If you are down wind and 20 or less miles away, don't worry about it. You will be dead in a few days or weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
          hmmm... it would be the wrong thing to do, (nuking holy lands) but if Terrorists are capable of such damage and have such great resources, how could the U.S. ever possibly retaliate on any level near that?

If americans are in fear of nukes, and think that no matter what they do (short of nuclear war) isn't gonna be enough, thats jut scary.
          I've been convinced... we are screwed.

Comment

If they touch Disneyworld, it's no-holds barred.

Comment

Since they'd most likely be detonated in cities, the remaining US population would instantly be shifted a couple dozen percentage points to the right, providing the popular support to nuke into oblivion large chunks, if not all, of the Middle East.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

nukes

Comment

While bathrooms are often the best place to be in case of nuclear attack (they are generally in the interior of a building), nukes are still
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The US would be finished as a major power for quite a while. Sure, we would nuke every terrorism supporting state back to the dark ages. That point is moot. The resulting new power structure, with China at the lead, is what would interest me. Our financial and production backbone of our country would be wrecked. All of a sudden we would be at the national level of the UK, but still with a super military. That should remain super for maybe 20 years assuming no great tech advances make it obsolete, and we don't get involved in a war in which we couldn't replace essencial vehicles or parts.

The free world would lose it's strong leader. A consortium of fearful euro powers I wouldn't expect much from, except for the UK of course. They never fail to rise to a challenge.

What would China do? In ten years I bet they have Tiawan. Japan would have to quickly get off its ass and look to its own defense or become Finlandized by China.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                      If you are up wind and at lease 30 to 40 miles away, stay there and don't go towards the blast area for several years.

If you are down wind and 20 or less miles away, don't worry about it. You will be dead in a few days or weeks.
                      why? the vast majority of the people in Japan down wind from nagasaki and hiroshima were not harmed by the nukes.

Comment

Of course, without Walmart around to buy all their stuff, China would go broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

why? the vast majority of the people in Japan down wind from nagasaki and hiroshima were not harmed by the nukes.
                          The difference between a 1945 nuke and a present day nuke is like the difference between a BB gun and a bazooka.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Of course, without Walmart around to buy all their stuff, China would go broke.
                            Not a whole lot of Walmarts in urban centers. Walmart will remain one of the few strong institutions left in the United States and will assume temporary control of the government until we can get back on our feet.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              Not a whole lot of Walmarts in urban centers. Walmart will remain one of the few strong institutions left in the United States and will assume . . . control of the government . . .
                              Had to make a few factual corrections in the preceeding post.

Comment

Working...
                              X