Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please change your avatar, it's disturbing me

Az.

I like to read your posts, but everytime my eyes stray to the left side and falls upon your avatar, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Can't help it, there's no getting used to it for me. So please be a sport and find another one?

I realise of course that this is ridiculous and that I have no place asking others to take my emotional reaction into account on anything, least of all their choice of avatar.

But I'd still like to see if Az couldn't find an image more fitting than a girl being hit over the head with a bloody axe.

While typing this, I've also come to realise that odds are likely in favour of the outcome from this being more people adopting the very same avatar, but there we are.

Oh, this is also a place to talk about other people's avatars in general.

Carry on.

Adblock Image with Firefox should work, I'd imagine.

Comment

Mine's nice.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        Mine's nice.
        My eyes are getting old....

Is that a toy pig wearing glasses?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Mine too

I've always loved Az's avatar. He makes quite some effort at looking for original ones
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Winston

Comment

Winston, couldn't you drop that extreme rightwing propagandist avatar you use and instead find a more ... relaxing like Sirotnikovs ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Is that the bouncing one?

Comment

Maybe this would be good for Winston?

Edit Tried to attach. Wait a moment.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Now?
                    Attached Files
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'd vote for Siro having the best Avatar.

And yes, it is the bouncy one...
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I'll agree to maybe change mine to a nice picture of Anders Fogh, but that's as far as I'll go.

And he won't be bouncing in any way whatsoever

Comment

dont you like mine? Im surprised no ones asked about it yet?
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yes, I like it. It's Ben Gurion right?

Comment

Dear Winston!

First, allow me to say, that I fully understand your reaction. Seeing a girl hit with an axe on the head is not a pretty thing. To be quite honest, I expected such horrendous imagery to be promptly and forcibly removed by the administration.

If any of you remember, my previous avatar was a small repetitive animated gif that was taken from a movie, which consisted of a black&white image of a girl which showed a jesture reminicent of fellatio.

Sadly, I recieved a request from above to remove that image promptly. I have my current avatar for quite some time - I am still expecting my PM. Alas, as I check my box, and the message I yearn for so much continues to elude my doorstep. Must be a server error, for I am sure that violence and murder is considered much harsher than a girl doing the glub-glub motion. Maybe if a place an animated gif of people jumping of the WTC, I'll have a better effect.

But for a moment of seriousness - as you all know, I am a big sellout, and a crowd whore - so, as per your request, image removed.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X