The Mich Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mich Mystery

Reading that two states thread, it occured to me that I don't know why Mich. is kind of strange in how it's drawn up. Two seperate land masses across a lake.

How come?
    Who is Barinthus?

Why not?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hawaii has different landmasses accross water.

So does Alaska. Massachussetss does now since they cut a canal through that cape.

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say that in the early days of Michigan, water transportation was the usual means of getting places. So Lake Michigan would have been looked on as a transportation hub, not a barrier.

Comment

As I have said in my location field, the London Borough I live in is shaped a bit like a woman's bits

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Man Provost, you need to get laid

Comment

Looks like your borough has a nasty case of herpes...
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

reminds me of china...
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Northern (or "Upper") Peninsula (or U.P.) was originally part of the Wisconsin territory. However, after Michigan gave up Toledo and adjacent land to Ohio in the "Toledo War", the Federal Government gave the U.P. to Michigan.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The southwest tip of Kentucky is separated from the rest of the state by the territory of the states of Missouri and Tennessee.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      As I have said in my location field, the London Borough I live in is shaped a bit like a woman's bits

I know I'm not that familiar with women, but I don't recognize which bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        The Northern (or "Upper") Peninsula (or U.P.) was originally part of the Wisconsin territory. However, after Michigan gave up Toledo and adjacent land to Ohio in the "Toledo War", the Federal Government gave the U.P. to Michigan.
                        That was one sweet deal, though many didn't realize it at the time.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                          Plus Indiana wanted lake access. So that's why there is a Michigan City in...Indiana.

It was a pretty good deal. Michigan got a lot of natural resources in the UP, and Indiana got.... Gary.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Tasmania

Eltham's a great place. Good pub. Eltham NSW Australia, that is

Comment

Working...
                            X