Horrible Nightmare...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Nightmare...

...I woke up in a cold sweat last night...long-expected down-turns in the stock market and housing bubble not materializing....Canada's jobless rate at a historical low...pro-democracy movement achieving grudgingly admitted US 'inspired' sucess in central asia, russian sphere of influence, mid-east...oil showing signs of relative return to sanity...

...and I thought, could DanS actually be right??! About everything?!

Nahh...some thoughts are too terrible to contemplate...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Like many predictions, DanS' ones can be true if you want them to be, and false if you want them to be.

I don't remember DanS ever predicting that the oil prices would be insane. So he was wrong, but if the oil prices return to sane levels indeed, he'll be right.

"Success" in central Asia is in the eye of the beholder. If you define "success" as "some progress, but not that much", then DanS was right. If you define "success" as a definitive change for the better, then he was wrong.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He was predicting a return to sanity, which seems to be what is slowly happening. (re: oil)

Don't you remember DanS's proposal for interstellar oil drilling in the 'unlimited resources' thread?
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Nothing to worry about. Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day.

Comment

Working...
        X