Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Nice to have a cooperative opponent
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Disagreement doesn't have to be uncivil.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

How 'bout a hug?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Disagreement doesn't have to be uncivil.
          QFT - couldn't have expressed it better.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
            How 'bout a hug?
            Nah, I guess that he will prefer a cold beer, wich I'll give him if I ever get to Florida

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Art has always been part of the culture wars.

At least since the days of the Achaemenids and Alexander.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Woulda been funnier if I'd written:

Disagreement doesn't have to be uncivil, you smarmy bastard!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

For one brief, shining moment, there was Camelot.

Comment

Woulda been funnier if I'd written:

Nah, despite your insults I still want to buy you a beer - just write it on my tab at your local bar

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

For one brief, shining moment, there was Camelot.
                      What else to expect - Che is after all a pinky leftist commie

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Comment

you too

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's always tragic to see what could be a good argument descend into mutual masturbation.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                            X