No announcement yet.

I got a raise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just state at your next discussion about payment that you are not paid what you are worth.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

They couldn't afford to pay me what I'm worth. I am a god amongst insects. Or something. A god amongst insects... who makes sure fat ladies can get a copy of the latest Celebrity Living and fat men can get a copy of the latest Playboy.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        Agreed, that the recognition is great thing, and most managers seem to forget that. They can never give you enough money, but there are ways to make people feel appreciated that won't destroy a budget.
        All you supervisors and managers out there: Listen to the Wisdom of rah!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          Agreed, that the recognition is great thing, and most managers seem to forget that. They can never give you enough money, but there are ways to make people feel appreciated that won't destroy a budget.

Congrats
          But money is a good start
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When I read the thread title I thought Pekka was proudly referring to the first erection in his life...

Comment

Yeah, perhaps it was Diss's thread that gave him the idea
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Eat and drink whatever you ordered in 20 minutes, and then they kick you out.
                i think we should take bets on when they will close down....
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Some of their franchises in Montreal have a 20 minutes and out policy.

I understand the reasoning (too busy during rush hour to have people sitting around for an hour), but I think its a horrible policy that puts the almighty dollar first and the customer second, and as someone in the restaurant business I'd never agree to it
                  That is taking fast food to new lengths. I would not go in a place if they put that kind of limitation on the time I take to eat...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Some of their franchises in Montreal have a 20 minutes and out policy.

I understand the reasoning (too busy during rush hour to have people sitting around for an hour), but I think its a horrible policy that puts the almighty dollar first and the customer second, and as someone in the restaurant business I'd never agree to it
                    I see. I'm a smoker so I never go in to the store anyway but I had a similar experience with Harvey's years ago. It is annoying.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

That is taking fast food to new lengths. I would not go in a place if they put that kind of limitation on the time I take to eat...
                      i think we should take bets on when they will close down....
                      For the record, Tim Hortons is mainly just a donut shop.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                        Yeah, but they do try to make themselves into more than that.

Tim Hortons
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                          Not any more. I defy you to try get a coffee and donut in a timely fashion at Timmies these days. It reminds me of the Denis Leary bit about the donuts in display cases: "This is what we used to sell..."
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            But money is a good start
                            Yes money is always best, but it's sometimes not available. When it's not, more creativity and effort is necessary.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wasn't due for a raise but the firm reorganized and job duties were shifted somewhat. I'm not doing any more work than before, just different work. Since my duties changed so did my pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X