Taboo and Morality Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carolus Rex
    Ok, what if the dead chicken is a dead person? What do you guys think about that one?

There's a swedish philosopher (controversial needless to say) who wants Sweden to abolish the law against this act (ie sex with dead persons) as nobody is hurt by it...
    Professor Tännsjö, I assume?

Besides, I find the idea of having sex with a frozen person revolting. Not only will you get frostbite, they may also shatter to pieces if you get rough on them
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

Professor Tännsjö, I assume?

Carolus

Comment

• His website (in english) with some of his publications (scroll down):

Carolus

Comment

• For the lazy ones, here are some titles of his published work (for full references, follow the link):

- "Against Liberty"

- "Moral Conflict and Moral Realism"

- "Should We Change the Human Genome?"

- "Classical Hedonistic Utilitarianism"

- "Blameless Wrongdoing"

- "Is Our Admiration For Sports Heroes Fascistoid?"

- "Compulsatory Sterilization in Sweden"

- "Terminal sedation - A Compromise in the Euthanasia Debate?"

Weekend lecture?

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

We have the same kind of dilemma if we change the pet by a person (dead in the same way, etc).
            Yep. is disgusting, make me sick, and I don't want to see it (well, that part about the chicken, maybe... ).

But morally wrong? I don't see why.
            Morally wrong It is. From what i have learned in morals is that you embrace them by the society around you. As to date I have not heard of a society that has accepted this practice anywhere. The Mentally defecient (Ill) for me doesnt count as a society but rather then a group in a society.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
              Some of these questions are quite stupid. "Suppose you learn about two foreign countries. In one country, it is normal for a son to break a death-bed promise to his mother to visit her grave every week." ect...
              QFT. That's when I quit the test.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

Morally wrong It is. From what i have learned in morals is that you embrace them by the society around you. As to date I have not heard of a society that has accepted this practice anywhere. The Mentally defecient (Ill) for me doesnt count as a society but rather then a group in a society.
                My apologies, Mrs. Tuberski, if I offended you.
                You right when you define moral by the society around us. But is exactly what I'm saying... It's very relative.
                Btw, ritualistic cannibalism IS a very common thing.
                From a cosmic point of view, the "two foreign countries" thing makes some sense, after all.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.10.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.
                  "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Viceroy
                    Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.10.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.
                    0.10? You beat me.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.20.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.33.

Yeah, whatever...I still think chicken f**king is weird, although if someone wants to do it, knock yourself out, although I don't want to see it...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I got a high interference facot, I think I chose the wrong answers sometimes.

Comment

• Facot?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I have no idea what that word was meant to be.

Comment

• Anything like Didcot?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

My apologies, Mrs. Tuberski, if I offended you.
                                You right when you define moral by the society around us. But is exactly what I'm saying... It's very relative.
                                Btw, ritualistic cannibalism IS a very common thing.
                                From a cosmic point of view, the "two foreign countries" thing makes some sense, after all.
                                No apologies necessary you did not offend me. I was only speaking of the phil. courses that I have taken and gotten my views from is all.
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X