No announcement yet.

Need advice on an odd computer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one simple word of advice for you, DrSpike. Backup. With one added word. Immediately. Good luck.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I have, but the hard drives check out. Usually if they are screwed they will fail the extensive diagnostics Maxtor or Western Digital (makers of my drives) provide.

Comment

Email their tech support. Tell them about the noise - or better yet record it and send them an MP3. Run the diagnostics, and make sure you foward those results. Foward the actual screen so they know you ran them, too many people lie about to get help from tech support. I would still be very careful about BU if I was in your shoes and you continue to use those drives.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

im afraid i cant help doc. Have you considered getting a cheap new PC from a company like Emachines or Compaq?

I spent most of yesterday playing EU2. Spain conquered the Shawnee and the Inca, colonized like mad, and explored across the Pacific. Now (1785) we're in a grand European war, probably the last one before I finish my first game of EU2. Through it all, the Aptiva works like a charm
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
          X