Funky Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Smell

I have this cushioned chair that smells, well, funky. Probably mold or fungus since it was in storage for how long I do not know.

I poured the entire contents of a frebreze bottle and the smell went away. One year later it's back.

I can't really afford a new chair... so I would like very much to try to get rid of the smell.

Any recommendations? Any products?

Thanks
    Who is Barinthus?

One more frebreze bottle ?

At least it will keepthe funky smell away for yet another year
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

One question can the covers of the cushions be removed?? if so Id say watch the cover and tret the foam under the cover with different products such as frebrezze and an air out by placing the cushion pasrt outside in the shade or sun.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Ohhh! I was going to put out the chair into the sun all day while I went to work today. Will try your suggestion once I get back home after this weekend.

It looks to me that cushion can be removed from the chair itself and perhaps the covering can be removed by then.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Wash your butt from time to time before sitting on it.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

of course ha. I put towel on it too
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
              Wash your butt from time to time before sitting on it.
              You look into having it professional cleaned too. might be expensive. I guess you decide how much value the chair means to ya. One thing my mom did was sprinkle baking soda in the cushions of her couch but she did that only cause they had zippers
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

heh. well if the smell doesn't go away, screw it, i'm getting a new chair.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Even better Idea if ya live in a house with a porch just throw the old one out and use it out there. And only let the friends that annoy ya a bunch use it

Comment

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Most importsant tho is that when they realize when they come over they either have to stand or sit in the smelly chair their visits will become shorter to For when you say he why dont we go sit outside for a bit and see if they dont race you to the door or make a fast excuse to leave.

Comment

there are one or two individuals i'd love to do this to ha
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                        X