No announcement yet.

North Korea screws up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but we're not using them to tell us about the stuff that's in a country, we're judging their response to something in order to determine the NK's response. To compare it to Iraq is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
      I read a story sometime in the last couple of years on how NK had dropped the minimum height for military recruits from 5' 3" to 4' 9" due to malnutrition in the countryside. During the largely government induced famines in the 1990's thrud today, close to 10% of the population died.

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

http://www.freenorthkorea.net/archiv...ea/000429.html
      So going up agtainst NK would be like going up against a bunch of pre-teens? Hey, if ti ever comes down to a shooting war maybe our side could throw Hostess Twinkie grenades.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Unfortunately Poison Gas and Nukes don't really require that much size from the grunts. It is estimated, with Seoul within range of NK artillery, that the entire population would be killed within hours of a full-fledged war, aka Red Storm Rising and Clancy's scenario for Central/Eastern Europe and nerve agents. AK47's are used by child soldiers all over the world. I shudder to think what kind of losses those troops would take, though, given all the health and intelligence deficits from that level of malnutrition. It's very sad. It makes one think of Brave New World and the Deltas.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

So going up agtainst NK would be like going up against a bunch of pre-teens? Hey, if ti ever comes down to a shooting war maybe our side could throw Hostess Twinkie grenades.
          If a shooting war breaks out, we can just promise a year supply of twinkies to every soldier that surrenders. Soon they won't have an army to fight with.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I have no idea how you could miss such an obvious point. It was a 'whoosh' moment for you.

I didn't say it was all peachy and nice in DPRK, I was only saying that defectors don't make reliable information sources.
            But you were clearly implying it
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

When I was there in '93 I couldn't wait to leave.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

If a shooting war breaks out, we can just promise a year supply of twinkies to every soldier that surrenders. Soon they won't have an army to fight with.
                I dunno, starvation can be pretty hard on the teeth you know. Tossing a year's supply of twinkies at hundred's of thousands of these guys might inflict a dental disaster of biblical porportions.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I dunno, starvation can be pretty hard on the teeth you know. Tossing a year's supply of twinkies at hundred's of thousands of these guys might inflict a dental disaster of biblical porportions.
                  So then they could all fly American airlines and get braces in American dentist offices...

Comment

UR:

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                      When I was there in '93 I couldn't wait to leave.
                      So, how was the NK back then? Where'd you go with your handlers?
                      B♭3

Comment

In that case, we can open biddings for massive dental work and hire mostly American dental contractors with few tokens from other countries so we can insist the bidding process itself was fair.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

General reaction (intensified as of late) to most of Urban Ranger's posts,

Comment

General reaction to most of Winston's posts:

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              So, how was the NK back then? Where'd you go with your handlers?
                              Far as I can tell they haven't changed all that much. I don't think they even knew I was there.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X