Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've not heard about East Street Trader, but he's been gone for some time.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I am back. Needless to say my trip took one hell of a lot of time having travelled to the far side of London - it took me over 5 hours. I was hoping to get back across to a central area in time to give Dauphin a lift but it looks like he arrived back pretty much when I arrived back. Pretty shocking stuff...I've heard about it all day on the radio although I don't actually work in Central London so was only indirectly affected by it.

It seems odd how a city of the size of London seeming so eerie in some ways.

And let's not jump down UR's throat about the early flippant remark - no one had any idea about what had happened at that point.

And I don't think Stew's remark was particularly offensive either, it's just a more crude way of saying what others have said, we will recover from it very quickly and get back to normal.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I must say though Dauphin, C. London to Orpington is one hell of a walk - I've done New Eltham to London Bridge and I thought my legs were going to drop off afterwards...I'd have thought you could have probably got as far as New Cross or Hither Green (or maybe Lewisham) and caught a train?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Dauphin, when were you on the public transport? by how many minutes did you miss Death?

Comment

• I realised that his route would not have brought him into danger - the closest he would have got is the bus (he walks from Charing Cross to his job) and I very much doubt he would have ventured up to Russell Square...
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Papa Lazarou could have done with getting some of his hair mussed, though.

Comment

• I'm blessed to be living quite close to where I work in Islington, and the first I heard about this was when I was walking to work and bumped into some colleagues who told me about the explosions, and when I got in to the office was told this was because of power surges and that some people had phoned in to explain they'd be late, and there were others whom we hadn't heard from. Everyone calling in was advised to go home. About this time the phones were badly affected,so parents were distraught about not getting through to their children's schools.

So everyone was a little distracted this morning, and one meeting was postponed because we'd only be talking about what was going on outside, rather than work.

We had a radio on in my section all day tuned to radio London to listen to updates. Everyone was really shocked about the bus explosion, I guess because the damage was more visible, because it seemed to escalate the attack, and because the buses were so full with people evacuated from the underground. Plus when a friend of mine came in after eleven she told us that she'd been on the bus in front after getting out at Holburn.

We are told that it was always a question of "when", not "if", but having had "it" now doesn't mean there won't be a repeat tomorrow.
                "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  I realised that his route would not have brought him into danger - the closest he would have got is the bus (he walks from Charing Cross to his job) and I very much doubt he would have ventured up to Russell Square...
                  Actually I often go via Bank (then get the Central line) if I can catch the fast train to Cannon Street in the morning. I didn't go via Charing Cross this morning either, I actually caught the train to Blackfriars.

I must say though Dauphin, C. London to Orpington is one hell of a walk - I've done New Eltham to London Bridge and I thought my legs were going to drop off afterwards...I'd have thought you could have probably got as far as New Cross or Hither Green (or maybe Lewisham) and caught a train?

As you may be aware I often make long walks so it wasn't overly onerous on my pins. I could have got a train or a bus, the reason I didn't was congestion (I was walking faster than the traffic and I physically couldn't get on to the train). By the time I got to Bromley I thought I may as well walk the rest anyway.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Has DrSpike posted at all? He gets the Central line to work on the way in from somewhere in the east of London.

Comment

• I thought he lived in North London? (Wood Green?)
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• You may be right. Either way he's posted within the last hour.

Comment

• I must say, it's heartening that politics has *mostly* been kept out of this thread. And that there appear to be no Poly casualties.

Comment

• Andeven if there had been any, I wouldn't have bought in those after all that happened. I mean we had like 3 casualties in 7 years, and one of them has already returned to the living.

Comment

• Hopefully East Street Trader is ok, he posts once in a while...

Has el freako posted? Is he in London?

Augh. Hopefully all that will happen, has already happened...
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• el freako posted earlier on in this thread and no, he is in Bristol...
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X