No announcement yet.

The Swedish "man's night" before marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The swedish word for this thing is "Svensexa"...

The nasty ones (the one in this thread excepted ) are when the guy gets completely drunk, is put on a train and stripped of all his clothes and money, and is sent somewhere far away. A well-known one...

So, in the summer of 2000, when a friend was getting married... We did lots of things; first in Sweden, then in Denmark... Dropping hints all the time that he was going for a trip... In the evening we finally took him to Copenhagen's airport and gave him a ticket...

Told him he was leaving the country for a week... He was quite pale when he approached the check-in (God knows why; a paid trip somewhere!)...

The girl in the desk looked surprisingly on the ticket and said that there must be something wrong... Well, there was since the ticket was a train ticket back to Sweden... Hugh relief for him!

Carolus

Comment

Oh, and the same thing exists for the ladies... It's known as a "möhippa"...

Carolus

Comment

You're ten posts or so behind me Kalle.

Comment

+ :yuck:
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

You're ten posts or so behind me Kalle.
                Oops! You mean people in OT actually read the other posts before posting themselves?!

Theban,

Are you accusing me of spam again?! This is OT, for heaven's sake!

Carolus

Comment

Nah, well I guess (some of) the moderators do that...

Comment

Working...
                  X