No announcement yet.

Nicknames you've had in real life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The World's Greatest Lover" by thousands of breathless and grateful women.

So there...
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

But seriously "Bruce" and "Ug" at a place I used to work. My name is short, so a nick isn't really necessary.

Weird nicknames.

I have a friend called "Couch" owing to the fact that he never left it (think of Jeffrey Lebowski).

Another called "Steelo" because his hair resembles a popular brand of pot scrubber.

My Dad's old work was full of them. "Treacle" for a guy who'd stick to anyone was a good one.

It was bad at his work because he didn't know a lot of folks' real names. I once went with him to a workmate's place to borrow some tools and the old man was worried because he couldn't remember if the guy knew that he was referred to as "Gargoyle" (he looked like one).

The best one is "Shottie" short for "Shotgun". That guy has had that nickname for over 35 years, and most people don't know why. I only found out about it 7 or 8 years ago. Apparently, when he was young he was at the local pub and a girl took a shine to him. So he bought her a drink and they went outside. A while later she came back in with a sour face, wouldn't talk to him and sat sulking in the corner. Some of the other guys were a bit worried, so they asked her if she was alright, and she wouldn't say anything but kept sulking. So they kept asking her what was wrong and she said "He went off like a bloody shotgun!!"

Oh the shame....
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        But seriously "Bruce" and "Ug" at a place I used to work. My name is short, so a nick isn't really necessary.

...T

he best one is "Shottie" short for "Shotgun". That guy has had that nickname for over 35 years, and most people don't know why. I only found out about it 7 or 8 years ago. Apparently, when he was young he was at the local pub and a girl took a shine to him. So he bought her a drink and they went outside. A while later she came back in with a sour face, wouldn't talk to him and sat sulking in the corner. Some of the other guys were a bit worried, so they asked her if she was alright, and she wouldn't say anything but kept sulking. So they kept asking her what was wrong and she said "He went off like a bloody shotgun!!"

Oh the shame....
        Poor girl.

I think "Ug" is a kick a** name.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

My classmates called me "Lenin", which of course is something to be proud of , even though it's only a far derivate from my last name. This name stuck for about ten years. Other than that I had no significant nicknames. Mostly people called me by my first name or affectionate forms of it.

Comment

Not when your first name is "Lee".
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dr No. When I was Chief Finance Officer in a troubled company, I generally refused requests of money.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Dr No.

That's pretty awesome!
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Some of the nicknames I can remember include

The Charger

The Siberian

Mr. Professor

Latex, uh I dont really know how and why but it probably derived from my first name along with Lauski, Lalla, Late, Lare, Lauren

the usual Sweetie, Honey etc...by gf.

one of my friends calls me The Terrorist because the militant way I dress I suppose
                  Last edited by laurentius; July 6, 2005, 07:42.
                  Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Magenta

Bastard
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Variations on my first name. My uni friends tried to come up with a nickname, but couldn't find one they'd stick out to. I'm often called Spiff by the RL friends I used to LAN with (our relationship goes way beyond LAN though)
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

everyone used to (and everyone still does) call me by my first name, bleaching my hair though gave rise to loads of nicknames like 'blondie', 'james blond', 'mr salon' etc. my personal favorites were 'sami' (as in sami hyypia), and 'tim shady'
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

"Face", it was quite 'cool' as a teenager, but I still get called it aged 36...maybe I need new friends, it's going to get embarrasing anytime soon!!

Comment

surprisinly enough i have been refered to as pollyanna heaps lately (which would explain the influence in my screen name i guess.... aPOLYton...lol)
                            Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
                            Intelligence is not putting it in a fruit salad...

Comment

lol... DL... lol.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

IT's time to dance!
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X