Nicknames you've had in real life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicknames you've had in real life

The dave thread put me in mind of this idea. I acquired all of these while a soldier in different units.

In chronological order:

Weasel - I have no idea why

Chief - despite my celtic/gaelic ancestry some tom-fools of a Took thought I looked like an indian (and I suppose I did look like some of the lighter skinned tribes)

$hiteater - a quaint term for a brit

Harry - My platoon mates didnt think I looked like a Spencer so I became Harry. It became so pervasive that many friends didnt know it wasnt my name. My wife was relieved when I told her just before we got married (exchanging vows and all that).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Z: B/c coach couldn't say my last name. My lowlife friends in Chicago liked it too.

Z-man: Expanded on it a bit.

TC: I just found out about this one at my friend's party last month. It stands for 'Technicolor'. IT started when I drank 3 Long Island iced teas + 2 beers + 3-5 shots of God-knows-what at a bar with my best friend and some of his friends who I just met. I hung my head out the car window on the way home (I could barely lift it) and at some point it all came back up. Did I mention we were going about 50 mph? That I ate Subway before drinking? That it was wintertime and freezing? Needless to say, the outside passengerside of his car was very 'decorative' in the morning, and being a good friend he had to tell everyone.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I have had 3 steak started by my youngest sister, dont know why she called me that, Stackey started by my oldest sons best friend, and stac by all that know me well if just to shorten my name.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

None.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

In the city near where I grew up, that was the first time where I went to any type of gay bar shortly after I came out. The friends that I had there, are no longer my friends -- not necessarily because of any bitter feelings, but because we grew apart after I moved.

Anyway, back then, I hung out with a couple of other guys at this gay bar in my home area, and they nicknamed me Velcro because before I made more friends, I was always with them at the gay bar.

(velcro as in clinging to someone else)
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Milf
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
              None.
              "None" is an interesting nickname.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's also synonymous with your sense of humour.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Envoy a-go-go is my personal favorite
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    It's also synonymous with your sense of humour.
                    And your intelligence.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      And your intelligence.
                      All the more insulting to certain nameless people who get on the wrong side of me in tech debates, then.

Comment

Why do I feel like you'll get banned again?
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Most of my nicknames have been cute - and by cute I mean annoying - variations of Ben. Well, technically my name is Benjamin, and everyone calls me by my nickname, but that's not important.

Ben Franklin, Benjamina, Ben Ben, Benny, Bennyhanna, Ben Jammin, you get the idea.

Oh yah, and Jew Dog.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why do I feel like you'll get banned again?
                            For saying he lacks a sense of humour after a blatantly bad joke, which he then retorted with by calling me stupid?

Puh-leeaase.

Comment

I'm occasionally referred to as "The Librarian" at the poker table, for my ability to pull statistics, poker quotes, and famous poker anecdotes out of my ass at opportune times.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X