Celebrating Independence day on the wrong day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating Independence day on the wrong day

This year my town decided in it's infinite wisdom to celebrate the 4th of July on the 2nd of July. All fireworks and celebrations normally on the 4th were held last night (2nd).

What is the point of having July 4th off when you are celebrating the holiday on a different day?!

I don't know why, but this sort of idiocy makes me a little angry. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

The Second Continental Congress voted on July 2nd to declare independence. It took two days for Jefferson, Franklin and Adams to draw up the Declaration.

Comment

Clever. July 2nd is on Saturday, July 4th on Monday, so back to work all of you...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
        Clever. July 2nd is on Saturday, July 4th on Monday, so back to work all of you...
        ZOMFG! An evil capitalist conspiracy to make us work another day!1!!11!!!1!!!1111!1!1!!!1!!11!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          The Second Continental Congress voted on July 2nd to declare independence. It took two days for Jefferson, Franklin and Adams to draw up the Declaration.
          I'm pretty sure when they decided to celebrate on the 2nd, they were thinking "ooo it's a Saturday".

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

ZOMFG! An evil capitalist conspiracy to make us work another day!1!!11!!!1!!!1111!1!1!!!1!!11!
            We may have stumbled onto something here...

Comment

Originally posted by dudemanjack

We may have stumbled onto something here...
              Haha! It takes an EuroKommie to find that out. Dumb USsians...
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Working...
              X