No announcement yet.

The apolyton Robotics - News&Discussion- thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world can never have enough feline diversion technologies.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

We could use a Roomba.

Dr. S, the Japanese are trying out a new robot to help mentally stimulate the elderly. It's a baby seal which reacts to interaction from humans.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
        Also, does anyone know how well the infamous 'Roomba' is selling? That's probably the most advanced consumer robot.
        Over 1.2 million copies as of this summer.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          Can someone dig out what is going on with this year's annual Grand Challenge in California and post a summary here?

It's the DARPA challenge about driving unmanned vehicle through desert...
          I don't know how all of the teams are doing, but I heard an interview of Dr. Whittaker, the lead for Carnegie Mellon's team, and he said they are light years ahead of last year. They're using radar much more heavily now.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

As long as we don't develop an ai that has the capacity for the singularity, we're okay.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
            X