No announcement yet.

Happy Canada Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuci - we have this process called "amendments" so the people of the USA can change the constitution. If they want to. Or if they bother to pay attention to SCOTUS and their rulings. Imran made a good point about the Eminent Domain ruling, maybe finally people will take the issue of the judiciary, and the type of appointees a politician is for, a little more seriously.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Am I proud to be a Canadian? No, not really. There is nothing to celebrate in having an absence of identity, rather than the presence of one.

Funny, all my friends in Alberta and British Columbia seem to have no difficulty knowing who they are and where they come from.

You're just sore you weren't born Pat Buchanan or Father Coughlin.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
        Famous Canadians:

Lorne Greene

Pamela Anderson

Denys Arcand

Lothaire Bluteau

Genevieve Bujold

Bill Reid

Louis Riel

Jane Siberry

Neil Young

Joni Mitchell

Buffy Saint Marie

The Group of Seven

Michel Tremblay

Robert Lepage

Mary Margaret O'Hara

Ashley MacIsaac

The Rankin Family

Skinny Puppy

I love Canada- the accents (I'm sorry, but French Canadian accented English makes me weak at the knees and Alberta cowboys speaking Canadian English...dreamy) the writers, the artists, the musicians, the cuisine, Happy Canada Day to all Canadians proud of being distinctly Canadian.

And hard cheese to all those other loser Canadians.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

You scored 13 out of 20.
          Smarter than the average Canadian! You get an extra hot dog and slice of cake at the Canada Day barbecue.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
          X